What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs announce new logo for 2010

Dogaholic

First Grade
614810360aae85a676f26ceebd47b031.gif

Champion. Able to make it smaller for use on forums?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The thing is, the Berries background for me means that we hold a small piece of our history in the logo, however, people may counter this by saying we have the CB in our logo as well as the Est. 1935 test. Personally, I think the Berries stripes are our own unique pattern that separate us from other clubs. I am not sure about the Dragons and their V, but did it come before ours? If so, I am happy with our old independent strip to use.

Can you explain to me the intellectual property of the ARL please? I was aware that we couldn't use that logo for some legal purposes, but I don't understand it all. I thought our club would've been able to use it anytime they wanted to :?

The butcher stripes were common to a number of clubs, including the Dragons, back in the 00-10-20-30-40s. You would've noticed this in Round 1 when the Dragons' design was similar to ours. Photos of our 38 premiership team and Saints' 41 premiership team would look similar due to similar jersey styles.

While the Dragons began to use the red Vee before us, theirs is a single chevron, while ours is clearly double chevron (that is two vees as opposed to one).

Lastly, the intellectual property line is what the 'Dogs have trotted out on our club website. Head to our website - History menu > Logos then choose the 1998-present logo and it has an explanation.

Bulldog Force

Referee
The butcher stripes were common to a number of clubs, including the Dragons, back in the 00-10-20-30-40s. You would've noticed this in Round 1 when the Dragons' design was similar to ours. Photos of our 38 premiership team and Saints' 41 premiership team would look similar due to similar jersey styles.

While the Dragons began to use the red Vee before us, theirs is a single chevron, while ours is clearly double chevron (that is two vees as opposed to one).

Lastly, the intellectual property line is what the 'Dogs have trotted out on our club website. Head to our website - History menu > Logos then choose the 1998-present logo and it has an explanation.
Arr yeah I see. Thanks mate :)

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/default.aspx?s=logos

When the NRL was formed in 1998, the club opted for a change of logos to present a new modern image moving forward. There were two issues that forced this decision; 1) The Bulldog logo was claimed to be the intellectual property of the ARL.
2) The demands of meeting the NRL Rationalisation Criteria before the year 2000 meant that the club needed to be pro-active in making sure that all marketing opportunities were realised.
The change in jersey and new logo presented a modernised image which proved to be successful. In 2000, the club changed the name to the Bulldogs in an attempt to broaden the supporter base.
Today, the Bulldogs enjoy the success of maintaining the traditional supporter base from within the Canterbury-Bankstown district while building an expansive supporter base by playing in Sydney's leading sporting arena, the Telstra Stadium at Homebush.

Red'n'White

Juniors
I think the Bulldog you have now is better. You know the one that looks like its constipated and trying to have a crap. True, tell me it isn't!!!!!!

natheel

Coach
I dig the logo.... Eels need to freshen ours up and incorporate the old eel into it somehow

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You couldn't understand the term he "digs" the logo? As in, he likes it? :lol: