What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs Confirmed Signings & Contract News

MatthewA

Juniors
The Bulldogs latest overpaid hack. Seriously why don't you guys hire a decent recruitment manager a pick out decent juniors rather than pillaging from other clubs once players are already established??

300K for this bloke, the Storm probably had him on half that money and probably would have stayed for 200K if they had it as he would have wanted to stay with his mates. Instead he becomes part of rugby league's new transit lounge, the Canterbury Bulldogs.

Do you guys get any satisfaction out of raping other clubs for their best talent??

Too bad you missed out on Merrin :) he is going to be twice as good as Tolman.
What a knob.

First of all, you would have NO idea about money and would have absolutely no idea what we signed Tolman for.

Secondly, I don't know how many times I have to say it but you mergers have almost as big a list of bought players as we do. It's a part of the game and it's needed to survive in this day and age. Everyone does it. Don't get jealous because we do it best, thanks to the games best CEO and recruitment staff.

Lastly, Merrin isn't half as good as Tolman.

jimmythehand

Juniors
merrin, isn't he the guy that dropped the ball over the line last week?

Looks like he's going to fit perfectly into the Choke-aholics team.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Saintliness, you are on notice. Try the slightest bit of stirring here and I will delete your posts. Constructive talk is allowed, but I will not have you turning our home thread into a debate stage. The users in this forum should have the right to enjoy talking all things Bulldogs without being shot down by your one-eyed, biased, and un-backed fictional opinions.

Kilkenny

Coach
Surely Aiden Tolman is a really solid signing for the Bulldogs. Has a terrific workrate. Every club needs an front rower such as Tolman. May not be flashy but I think he is a really astute signing for what it's worth.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Surely Aiden Tolman is a really solid signing for the Bulldogs. Has a terrific workrate. Every club needs an front rower such as Tolman. May not be flashy but I think he is a really astute signing for what it's worth.
Mate he has very big shoes to fill, but as you stated he has a terrific workrate. I find him like the David Stagg of a front rower. I dare say with more game time he'll become better. I doubt he'll get a starting spot straight away though, he might be a bench/impact player to start off with.

Doga

Juniors
Mate he has very big shoes to fill, but as you stated he has a terrific workrate. I find him like the David Stagg of a front rower. I dare say with more game time he'll become better. I doubt he'll get a starting spot straight away though, he might be a bench/impact player to start off with.

In a pack containing

Tolman, Paea, Hodgson, Armit, Browne, Taupau I think it would be safe to say that Tolman would be a walk up starter

What a knob.

First of all, you would have NO idea about money and would have absolutely no idea what we signed Tolman for.

Secondly, I don't know how many times I have to say it but you mergers have almost as big a list of bought players as we do. It's a part of the game and it's needed to survive in this day and age. Everyone does it. Don't get jealous because we do it best, thanks to the games best CEO and recruitment staff.

Lastly, Merrin isn't half as good as Tolman.

True, only big recruitment drive we've had has been ever since Bennett came into the realm, before that apart from 1 or 2 off signings we relied heavily on our junior development mainly illawarra.

So you can't say we have been in the player market as generally as you guys are, you guys are like parramatta, high player turnover.

A real family club ay pffft

MatthewA

Juniors
The only time we entered the player market for big name signings was 2008 for season 2009, the same as you guys. The last big name player we signed before that was Andrew Ryan in 2003.

Your junior development? You mean, the system that's run by the Bulldogs to aide you guys? That junior system? The one where all of your teams play in the Bulldogs areas because we had to save your asses? Oh ok. Cheers for pointing that out to me ;)

Bulldog Force

Referee
True, only big recruitment drive we've had has been ever since Bennett came into the realm, before that apart from 1 or 2 off signings we relied heavily on our junior development mainly illawarra.

So you can't say we have been in the player market as generally as you guys are, you guys are like parramatta, high player turnover.

A real family club ay pffft
We have not had a big recruitment drive this year. We did in 2009. You know why? Because we had big name players leave. Mason and SBW go - what do we do? Let $1,000,000 of cap space go down the drain and again not bother trying to perform on the field and finish outside the top 8? What would your genius plan be if we had a $1,000,000 gap to fill? Tell me, I'd love to hear a Dragons fan give us his 2 cents on what he would do if he was in our shoes rather than bag us out for every single thing we do.

MatthewA

Juniors
Don't forget their latest signing.. Kalifi Faifai Loa.. Purchased from the Knights last season. You really know how to breed 'em ey, Dragons.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Good buy for your club, andrew ryan is starting to get on a bit so you think they would be looking for his long term replacement
Yeah but Ryan probably still has 1 more year in him. I think both he and Patten will go next year. We've got Patten covered with Barba, but Ryan leaves a big question mark!

Bulldog Force

Referee
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/bulldogs-veterans-out-door/story-e6frexnr-1225874285542

Bulldogs veterans out door

ON THE same day Israel Folau jumped ship, the Bulldogs have revealed they are in serious danger of losing club veterans Andrew Ryan and Luke Patten to English Super League.

The Canterbury captain and fullback are both under contract for next season but the club will not stop them from going overseas.

"Luke has an option where he can look at playing in England and we've told Andrew we won't stand in his way if he can get a big deal over a few years," Bulldogs boss Todd Greenberg said.

"They have both given this club wonderful service, they deserve to finish their careers on their own terms.

"If they choose to go, they will have our full support."

The loss of Patten, 30, and Ryan, 31, would take a stack of experience out of a Bulldogs outfit that is struggling to make an impression this year.

They are the only remaining players from the Dogs' 2004 premiership side, but both have been below their best.

The Dogs have already signed Storm forward Aiden Tolman in the front-row to replace the departing Ben Hannant and will be checking the open market now Patten and Ryan look like leaving.

The Storm will have to offload at least six players and there are suggestions the Bulldogs are one of nine clubs who have expressed interest in utility Greg Inglis.

Cowboy Luke O'Donnell, Shark Grant Millington and Neville Costigan are among the back-rowers looming as potential replacements, having not signed deals for 2011.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-three-year-deal/story-e6frexnr-1225873790651

Huddersfield offer Canterbury Bulldogs Luke Patten a three year deal
CANTERBURY veteran Luke Patten is considering a three-year offer from Huddersfield, which would see him finish up at Belmore a season early.

The 30-year-old fullback has a get-out clause to join the UK Super League in his contract - although club officials wouldn't deny Patten a decent payday in lieu of the wonderful service he has given the Bulldogs since 2001.

In England this week, Patten's agent George Mimis is expectedto continue discussions with the Giants.

Patten, however, is pondering whether his battered frame - which has endured persistent back problems of late - can handle the punishment until the end of 2013.

Bulldog Force

Referee
It will be. Both are the final links from 2004. With this news comes the theory - are we after Greg Inglis
hmm.gif

Ridders

Coach
I think that's a sentiment that alot of other team's supporters are hoping for :lol:

Latest posts