What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs Fire Sale: Can it finish the Dragons roster for 2018?

PuffGasnier

Juniors
Assuming that the Bulldogs 'fire sale' is going ahead for the end of the season, if they have to offload forwards like James Graham, David Klemmer or Josh Jackson, would you take one of them as a replacement for Russell Packer? That would leave us looking like this for 2018, assuming no more signings in the off-season. Not a bad side.
  1. Matt Dufty
  2. Nene McDonald
  3. Euan Aitken
  4. Tim Lafai
  5. Jason Nightingale
  6. Gareth Widdop
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Klemmer/Jackson/Graham
  9. Cameron McInnes
  10. Paul Vaughn
  11. Tyson Frizell
  12. Joel Thompson
  13. De Belin
  14. Ah Mau
  15. Sims
  16. Sele/Lawrie/Host
  17. Mann

Como Connection

First Grade
Assuming that the Bulldogs 'fire sale' is going ahead for the end of the season, if they have to offload forwards like James Graham, David Klemmer or Josh Jackson, would you take one of them as a replacement for Russell Packer? That would leave us looking like this for 2018, assuming no more signings in the off-season. Not a bad side.
  1. Matt Dufty
  2. Nene McDonald
  3. Euan Aitken
  4. Tim Lafai
  5. Jason Nightingale
  6. Gareth Widdop
  7. Ben Hunt
  9. Cameron McInnes
  10. Paul Vaughn
  11. Tyson Frizell
  12. Joel Thompson
  13. De Belin
  14. Ah Mau
  15. Sims
  16. Sele/Lawrie/Host
  17. Mann
You stuffed up with Aiken!
Mann must be selected ahead him every game.
If you cannot see that you have no idea.
CC

Life's Good

Coach
  1. Matt Dufty
  2. Nene McDonald
  3. Euan Aitken
  4. Tim Lafai
  5. Jason Nightingale
  6. Gareth Widdop
  7. Ben Hunt
  9. Cameron McInnes
  10. Paul Vaughn
  11. Tyson Frizell
  12. Joel Thompson
  13. De Belin
  14. Ah Mau
  15. Sims
  16. Sele/Lawrie/Host
  17. Mann
Jackson is a plodder. Gets the wraps because Sterlo rated him. Sterlo also called Sandow the 'Black Alfie' so his judgement isnt the best.
It's a yes to either Klemmer or Graham.

blacksafake

First Grade
  1. Matt Dufty
  2. Nene McDonald
  3. Euan Aitken
  4. Tim Lafai
  5. Jason Nightingale
  6. Gareth Widdop
  7. Ben Hunt
  9. Cameron McInnes
  10. Paul Vaughn
  11. Tyson Frizell
  12. Joel Thompson
  13. De Belin
  14. Ah Mau
  15. Sims
  16. Sele/Lawrie/Host
  17. Mann
Klemmer> wont be going anywhere + his best mate in woods is on his way.
Jackson> we have enough backrowers already+imo he's just a worker.
Graham> I read where he was assured he aint going anywhere.
Eastwood is the one they would love to move on but he's an expensive broken down wreck.
Liccha is also another priority to move on but he's also expensive as is Mbye.
Out of all them Klemmer is the only one i want near the place.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Klemmer is the only one i'd take from that rabble. It's highly unlikely they'd let him go though, he's their number 1 priority.

But if we did get him...
8. Klemmer
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Frizell
12. Thompson
13. De Belin

14. Ah Mau
15. Sims

f**k me that is a ferocious forward pack. ALL of those players have huge motors too.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
How sad it is that BMoz is being shopped around. If he stayed at Saints he would have ended his career a legend, instead he left to be shopped around 2 years later. Seriously what was he thinking going to the scum. Anyway I hope they end up at the Knights under Browny, where they started their junior days in the red v. Pretty sure he was their coach in the NYC that won the GF.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Fox guys last night said Jackson and Klemmer are locked in so its all but them. Not sure if i would want Graham etc,they are past it. This season has proved that

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I love how they think they can go over the cap by over a mil and ask for dispensation from the NRL or else they will sue them? WTF.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Klemmer> wont be going anywhere + his best mate in woods is on his way.
Jackson> we have enough backrowers already+imo he's just a worker.
Graham> I read where he was assured he aint going anywhere.
Eastwood is the one they would love to move on but he's an expensive broken down wreck.
Liccha is also another priority to move on but he's also expensive as is Mbye.
Out of all them Klemmer is the only one i want near the place.

Liccha is out of contract, does nothing in reducing their cap, they need to release contracted players to be under..

Drag Queen

Bench
Exactly, wouldn't touch anyone they're shopping, especially Moz twins. Both have terrible injury records now, at least Nighty and Nene turn up all year.
Whilst I agree with you, I would love to have Brett Morris back, albeit without all the injuries. Definitely don't need that, although Sharkies are picking up our most injury prone player. Fools.

Drag Queen

Bench
Klemmer is the only one i'd take from that rabble. It's highly unlikely they'd let him go though, he's their number 1 priority.

But if we did get him...
8. Klemmer
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Frizell
12. Thompson
13. De Belin

14. Ah Mau
15. Sims

f**k me that is a ferocious forward pack. ALL of those players have huge motors too.
That could be one bloody good defensive team Tom.

MilanDragon

Juniors
With Brett - could or would he come under our cap exemption for players that served longer than 7 years? Assuming Nighty isn't taking the whole 300k.

That would mean Dogs pay some salary.. some under the cap allowance. We could do worse.

In saying that - we have enough outside backs and don't need an injured 30 year old blocking that pathway.

gregstar

Referee
It doesn't matter what players we purchase until we clean out the joint starting with you guessed it McGregor.
Agreed.

Jowls would turn Reg Gasnier into Worzall Gummidge within a week.

John Raper would become Carson Kressley.

The 11 in row team would have become the SWARA crew.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Jackson is a plodder. Gets the wraps because Sterlo rated him. Sterlo also called Sandow the 'Black Alfie' so his judgement isnt the best.
It's a yes to either Klemmer or Graham.
I agree with you about Jackson. In my opinion, he along with Darius Boyd and Adam Reynolds are the 3 most over rated players in the game. I would not want Jackson. I think Sterling is one of the best judges and best football brains that I know of, but his high opinion of Jackson baffles me.

I would take Klemmer or Graham. But there have been a few posters on here saying that Graham has an on going next injury. I have not watched many Canterbury games this year, so I have not seen how well or poor Graham has been playing this year.

Last edited: