What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs last victory this weekend?

Ok the DPP have had the brief for a week now.
If they were "joe blow' from down the road,instead of footballers
action would have occured by now.
We need closure by now-Either way
Action or no action its gone on long enough
I thought,this week would be the week.
Enough of the rumours hurting those not involved
Its time to end it and move on

[furrycat]

Coach
The DPP will use the brief for as long as they can to make sure. They will not lay charges unless they are 99.99% sure that the Bulldog's players are guilty of sexual assault. However, The Bulldogs will have an advantage because the DPP is one who will only lay charges if the players actually admit it... He never says "Let's take them to court".

So your saying that that the players have to admit it
He never says 'lets take them to court'
Then how in the blue hell is anybody prosecuted-Would anyone admit to a crime in that case?
The jails are full of innocent people then!
Surely we cant let the inmates run the asylum so to speak
Surely the DPP says -Go or No
how can the accused say" no get stuffed mate"-I has to be the otherway around
" heres the arrest warrant-Go get em boys"-that has to be how it works surely?

[furrycat]

Coach
The CURRENT DPP on this case is one who likes to be extremely sure. I was speaking figuratively when he only makes them go to court if they admit it, but because of the high profile of this case, he would be skepitcal to have them arrested unless he was 110% sure.

Paullyboy

Coach
Yeh Im guessing they are making very very sure they dont stuff up, because if they do thats the end of their career probably because the whole country will know bout it.

[furrycat said:
]The CURRENT DPP on this case is one who likes to be extremely sure. I was speaking figuratively when he only makes them go to court if they admit it, but because of the high profile of this case, he would be skepitcal to have them arrested unless he was 110% sure.
Fairy nuff furrycat :D

ibeme

First Grade
The briefing is still expected to go for another couple of weeks, according to the papers.

We've got to remember that this isn't about football, or getting the season back on track. It's about sexual assault. Our season shouldn't be given any consideration by the police or the DPP. Getting it right is all that they need to consider.

[furrycat]

Coach
But the DPP must consider their careers. If he chooses to charge them, thats the end of their careers. If it turns out they aren't guilty, they probably won't get back into the game and the DPP will face a series of problems.

El Diablo

Post Whore
[furrycat said:
]But the DPP must consider their careers. If he chooses to charge them, thats the end of their careers. If it turns out they aren't guilty, they probably won't get back into the game and the DPP will face a series of problems.

That shouldn't really enter his thoughts at all. What makes these people above anyone else that their careers have to be thought of when considering laying charges?

Eels Dude

Coach
[furrycat said:
]But the DPP must consider their careers. If he chooses to charge them, thats the end of their careers. If it turns out they aren't guilty, they probably won't get back into the game and the DPP will face a series of problems.

Totally disagree. Why should they be given special treatment just because they're football players? The DPP's thought's should only be whether there is enough evidence to charge them, not whether or not personally he thinks they're guilty or not, that's up to a judge and jury to decide.

[furrycat]

Coach
I'm not saying because they're football players. I'm saying because the DPP could have easily charged them now, but he hasn't because he doesn't want to destroy potentially innocent careers and the family's of those.

DJ1

Juniors
[furrycat said:

If they are charged, they would only be suspended. If found guilty their contracts will be torn up and they'll go to jail. If found not guilty they could rejoin their team.