What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs line-up in 2009

Bulldog Force

Referee
If Utai has a shocker at the start of the season under bombs, i would put either Heka or Goodwin in on the wing..
Yeah he'll be under pressure to perform. He's also off contract. My guess is he'd probably go to England if he doesn't get an offer from the Bulldogs - I don't think any NRL teams would want him due to his lack of height.

cb4

First Grade
You never almost got banned, so I don't know where you got that from. There was just a simple request to keep the trolling to a minimum or suffer the consequences. :)

oh c'mon, im not a troll, just lowsy at dishing insults to ppl timmah

hindy111

Post Whore
Gee your side looks weaker than i first thought-The backline is kinda slow and small.The forwards are weak and the halves look hmm.On paper i cant see use any better than 10th.But perhaps 2-3 good juniours step up.I like Kite,idirs so who knows--- Im a parra boy-i think both teams struggle to make 8 but fingers crossed.When parra and dogs are going well than footy is going well....

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Forwards are weak :lol:

:arrow: Piss off to another forum if you're not going to be constructive, kthx.

richies

Juniors
Forwards are weak :lol:

:arrow: Piss off to another forum if you're not going to be constructive, kthx.

omg
he is simply expressing his opinion which he has a right to.
and i agree with most the things he says

by the way who made u god??? :sarcasm:
grow up :lol: and take a chill pill...

Timmah

Staff member
If he wants to express an opinion based on facts then fine... our backs are a bit slower and shorter than most - that's a valid point to be made. Our forwards aren't soft - sorry, that's rubbish.

love my saints

Juniors
gotta disagree there, i think the dogs team looks the goods.

nice mix of experience and youth, and ill tell you what, watch for Kite to have a big year, i dont know where the dogs find these monsters, but, as much as i dislike the dogs, i cant wait to see Kite this year, will be one of the most destructive ( i think thats how you spell it) forwards in the game, will destroy mason and o'mealey when you play the chooks.

I think idriss and morris will be one of the best centre pairings in the comp, patten is a champion, kimmorley has the experience, then you have ennis, hannant, stagg, possibly crocker, that other big lug hickey, i bet you dogs fans are itching at the feet for 09 to start.

dont worry bout the distracters, they just jealous that there teams havnt recruited the way saints and the dogs have.

Good luck in 09 boys.

Bulldog Force

Referee
gotta disagree there, i think the dogs team looks the goods.

nice mix of experience and youth, and ill tell you what, watch for Kite to have a big year, i dont know where the dogs find these monsters, but, as much as i dislike the dogs, i cant wait to see Kite this year, will be one of the most destructive ( i think thats how you spell it) forwards in the game, will destroy mason and o'mealey when you play the chooks.

I think idriss and morris will be one of the best centre pairings in the comp, patten is a champion, kimmorley has the experience, then you have ennis, hannant, stagg, possibly crocker, that other big lug hickey, i bet you dogs fans are itching at the feet for 09 to start.

dont worry bout the distracters, they just jealous that there teams havnt recruited the way saints and the dogs have.

Good luck in 09 boys.
Thanks dude, top post. Yes the Dragons and dogs have recruited well and both teams start a new era in 09 - new coaches, fresh new signings and a new beginning.

I give Kite credit for something apart from his usual wraps. Last year against the Broncos, he had a huge hit put on him. I can't remember exactly who it was that did it, possibly Taylor or Carroll? That got voted the Brut big hit of the year. People saw the big hit, but not many acknowledged Kite for getting up straight away and playing the ball. Much like Clinton in the Bulldogs/Panthers '04 Semi final clash after getting hit by SBW.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think Kite will be good but personaly think Hickey will be the year that makes or breaks and im going with makes...When he ran hard last year he reminded me of willy early on.

Timmah

Staff member
Yeah he had surgery recently, he won't be seen til much later in the piece.

Bulldog Force

Referee
you're kidding hindy, hickey does not have the makings of an athlete in any way shape or form.
Hickey is as big as Mason. If he's 5 metres out from the line, just move out of the way. It's man mountain :D Seriously he just need some work on his fitness and he'll be good to go. He's taken the first step by having surgery. Hopefully he'll settle into rehab pretty well and be fit for the 2nd half of the season. Great thing about Giant love-bite is that he's one of our own - St. Christophers Panania.

Timmah

Staff member
Problem being in recent seasons he's been a self-confessed powderpuff, afraid to get in there and bash'n'barge. Hope that changes on his return.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Hey guys, am doing some fantasy selections and i liked what i saw from daniel harrison in the TC last year and was wondering if he will figure in first grade this year or will he mainly be playing NSW cup?

Cheers.
He might get a call up - it's hard to say at this stage. I would pick Jamal Idris though.