What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs/Manly/Parra

Crush

Coach
Our next 3 games are against the 3 bottom teams on the ladder.
If we are to be considered competition heavyweights we should win all of these games.

There are no easy games in the NRL but these 3 for me are must wins.
If we win them all we will be sitting on 26 points and leading the comp after 16 rounds.

TruSaint

Referee
Agree with @Crush , however these are the games that worry me most.

Losing to a " contender " is hard to take as a fan, but somewhat acceptable.

Desperate sides, nothing to lose, .... yes we should win all three.

Lets remember as bad as these clubs are ... players are lifting for future contracts, be it within their club or elsewhere.

A real test for our mob coming up.

MilanDragon

Juniors
Our next 3 games are against the 3 bottom teams on the ladder.
If we are to be considered competition heavyweights we should win all of these games.

There are no easy games in the NRL but these 3 for me are must wins.
If we win them all we will be sitting on 26 points and leading the comp after 16 rounds.

This will be our 3 toughest games all year.

What I mean by that is:

- we have a horrendous record against these teams, especially Eels and Dogs
- rep players either backing up or missing
-The mental challenge of playing teams that are a rabble, where there is a clear expectation that we win.

If we overcome that then I’d be convinced we are a genuine top 4 side. If we find a way to lose all 3 or even 2 then I’d say we are no better than previous years.

I think we would do well to win all 3, 2/3 would be acceptable depending on how we actually play (allowing for the fact that it’s rare in the NRL to win3 on the trot, regardless of opposition). But winning 2 wouldn’t convince me of us being a genuine title contender.

Crossbow

Juniors
These 3 games will define our season.Sit down and strap yourself in people.Mary get your sh”t together.I hope all the boys come thru Soo in one piece.If we don’t beat the dogs I will sit in the corner.Have we peaked to early that is the question.Im thinking Hunt is the key.We lose him we lose the top 4.But at the moment Souths and Penrith looking awesome.We have ground to make up but the semis are another storey and we might run into some form at the back end of the season.Maybe?

Gareth67

First Grade
Actually I believe that Manly have been going not too badly , lost their last match up in North Queensland , but did string a few wins together before that . The Bullgrubs as said are certainly still trying and will not be a pushover by any means .

Where as Parramatta seem to pull out their best game of the season against us . Still , if we are made of premiership material , then we need to account for at least 2 of these teams .

TruSaint

Referee
Souths had 4 key players missing... Gagai / GI / Crighton / Cook.

The score flattered Cronulla, as Souths were dominant up front and out wide.

Yes, we have players in SOO, but I hope this isnt the catalyst to " why we lost ".

Part of compiling a 1st grade squad is depth. Its time to show over the SOO period that we can overcome losing players and still competing.

Lets see what we do over the course of SOO. It really is a defining moment.

jeffdragon

Bench
Worried about these games as any our injuries and which of our players will be missing eg Graham and widdop after the test.
These teams are just as likely to play a big game v us.
It will see if we are the same team as in previous years.

hazzbeen

Bench
Our 3 losses have come from the other top 4 sides so that’s no disgrace.

However losing to bottom 8 sides is not acceptable and we lost many of those last year (the Bulldogs twice FFS).

We need to beat all 3 without a drama if we are fair dinkum.
Exactly this we have to win these games no excuses , if we don't well I don't want to think back to last year it scares me ....

Brutalitops

Juniors
All of our 3 losses have been acceptable to me in that they were clearly teams who would have beaten anybody that day, and all hovering around Top 4, if not Top 2.

If we lose any of these next 3, then there are really no excuses, bar some kind of horrific Origin injury toll. These are teams we should beat from 2nd place, it's a simple as that.

Though, Round 14 has bad luck written all over it for us:
  • Monday night game
  • ANZ stadium
  • Bulldogs
  • Probably alternate jersey

Crush

Coach
All of our 3 losses have been acceptable to me in that they were clearly teams who would have beaten anybody that day, and all hovering around Top 4, if not Top 2.

If we lose any of these next 3, then there are really no excuses, bar some kind of horrific Origin injury toll. These are teams we should beat from 2nd place, it's a simple as that.

Though, Round 14 has bad luck written all over it for us:
  • Monday night game
  • ANZ stadium
  • Bulldogs
  • Probably alternate jersey
Not Monday night game.
4pm public holiday game. Dragons love the 4pm public holiday games.
Dragons win.

Life's Good

Coach
Interesting reading over the posts here so far. Despite our recent poor record vs. Dogs & Parra we would have had a level of confidence if these game were played 6 weeks ago. As it is we’ve had the stumbles since the Storm game.
I agree these 3 games will define where we are at & how far we’ve come since last year.
No games are easy but I’m confident we can win all 3.

Interesting reading over the posts here so far. Despite our recent poor record vs. Dogs & Parra we would have had a level of confidence if these game were played 6 weeks ago. As it is we’ve had the stumbles since the Storm game.
I agree these 3 games will define where we are at & how far we’ve come since last year.
No games are easy but I’m confident we can win all 3.

I think we should win all three, easily.
Do I think we will win all three?
Well history has made me a little cynical about that.

Life's Good

Coach
I think we should win all three, easily.
Do I think we will win all three?
Well history has made me a little cynical about that.
You’re not on your own there. I’m not sure what it will take to confirm we have made a big step forward but winning our next 3 will be a great place to start.

blacksafake

First Grade
Souths had 4 key players missing... Gagai / GI / Crighton / Cook.

The score flattered Cronulla, as Souths were dominant up front and out wide.

Yes, we have players in SOO, but I hope this isnt the catalyst to " why we lost ".

Part of compiling a 1st grade squad is depth. Its time to show over the SOO period that we can overcome losing players and still competing.

Lets see what we do over the course of SOO. It really is a defining moment.
Don’t forget Johnston too.

Latest posts