What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs/Manly/Parra

OzDragon

Coach
All of our 3 losses have been acceptable to me in that they were clearly teams who would have beaten anybody that day, and all hovering around Top 4, if not Top 2.

If we lose any of these next 3, then there are really no excuses, bar some kind of horrific Origin injury toll. These are teams we should beat from 2nd place, it's a simple as that.

Though, Round 14 has bad luck written all over it for us:
  • Monday night game
  • ANZ stadium
  • Bulldogs
  • Probably alternate jersey
Yeah but the payback factor should be in full force (hopefully) plus we've taken Graham and tigers took Reynolds; two of their main sources of inspiration.

ouryears

Bench
Agree with @Crush , however these are the games that worry me most.

Losing to a " contender " is hard to take as a fan, but somewhat acceptable.

Desperate sides, nothing to lose, .... yes we should win all three.

Lets remember as bad as these clubs are ... players are lifting for future contracts, be it within their club or elsewhere.

A real test for our mob coming up.
We need to win, we must win, there can't be any deju vu, surely with our current team any old hoodoos will be buried.

We beat storm and roosters, we will beat these mobs.

We had better!

ouryears

Bench
Actually I believe that Manly have been going not too badly , lost their last match up in North Queensland , but did string a few wins together before that . The Bullgrubs as said are certainly still trying and will not be a pushover by any means .

Where as Parramatta seem to pull out their best game of the season against us . Still , if we are made of premiership material , then we need to account for at least 2 of these teams .
Mate I am counting on a total of 120 points against these 3 teams and around 30 against.

AVG 40-10. We need to show this sort of form.

Belta

Juniors

Life's good said;

"... I agree these 3 games will define where we are at & how far we’ve come since last year..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep, looking back over the last few seasons, it's about now when all seemed so rosey, that our wheels fell off. The bus broke down outside of town and we all missed the country fair. Let's hope this year they've tightened those nuts extra tight and we get to atleast see the start of the show.

And it starts with the doggies game. Personally I've been waiting for this game since our last round loss in 2017. They've been our bogey side for awhile now and it really is redemption time.

Unfortunately for us the pride of Jackson and Woods (missing Origin) has taken a big hit and they will have motivation themselves to out play our boys, the Morris boys always play there best against us.

Let's hope our origin boys backup and the Dragons put a big score on the doggies, (though I'd settle for a narrow win tbh).....massive game....

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If Saints don't win this week against the Dogs then they are not top 4 material and will stuggle to make the 8. Even though the Dogs have beaten the Panthers that was when Cleary got taken of before half time with an injury.

This is where we see if Mary has learnt anything and has improved from last year.

I thinks Saints should flog them but that is when they usually lose.

TruSaint

Referee
The ladder means zip when we play the Dogs.

Dean Pay will have them up for this no doubt. Monday long weekend, stand alone game at ANZ, dogs under the pump. Makes for a real spectacle.

Teams like Souths and Penrith are hitting their straps... we need to follow suit.

A solid win, is dearly needed.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Under Mary's command we always seem to struggle against the cellar dwellers. I don't know if it's complacency or a lack of motivation, but I'm very concerned with our next 3 matches.
Combine this with injuries being carried by Hunt & JDB and Mary only using a 3 man bench.....expect the unexpected.

blacksafake

First Grade
Under Mary's command we always seem to struggle against the cellar dwellers. I don't know if it's complacency or a lack of motivation, but I'm very concerned with our next 3 matches.
Combine this with injuries being carried by Hunt & JDB and Mary only using a 3 man bench.....expect the unexpected.
I'm hearing you CG.
The use of our bench along with playing injured players really concerns me too.By doing this things start going pear shape & before you know it the slippery slide is in full swing.

ouryears

Bench
At least we smashed the Titans and Knights so far this year.
That's a start against the lower teams!

And we beat the raiders.
Hoodoo gone.

Gareth67

First Grade
Mate I am counting on a total of 120 points against these 3 teams and around 30 against.

AVG 40-10. We need to show this sort of form.

Well don't count on it , otherwise you may very well end up like that chap who went to Gowings to buy a new pair of trousers , only to discover that the place had been knocked down and another bluudy MacDonalds was built there !

Realistically however , it is the SOO period we shall be putting tired bodies on the field and for those whom are injured shall be replaced with our ISP players whom have had approx. 5 - 10 minutes experience per game . There will not be any 120 points scored by our boys , it will be an uphill battle with each of our 3 adversary's - unfortunately .