What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs/Manly/Parra

possm

Coach
I feel we will win next week but that is conditional on our SOO stars coming through game one OK. Souths and Penrith are in the height of their current run of good form, just as we were in the first 7 rounds. Now it's time for Mary to get the boys up for the game and give the players confidence by making some positive changes to game plans and selections.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
This will be our 3 toughest games all year.

What I mean by that is:

- we have a horrendous record against these teams, especially Eels and Dogs
- rep players either backing up or missing
-The mental challenge of playing teams that are a rabble, where there is a clear expectation that we win.

If we overcome that then I’d be convinced we are a genuine top 4 side. If we find a way to lose all 3 or even 2 then I’d say we are no better than previous years.

I think we would do well to win all 3, 2/3 would be acceptable depending on how we actually play (allowing for the fact that it’s rare in the NRL to win3 on the trot, regardless of opposition). But winning 2 wouldn’t convince me of us being a genuine title contender.

Spot on.

For whatever the reason, both Canterbury and Parramatta have been bogey teams for far too long.

Saints MUST beat these two with ease otherwise you can kiss credibility out the window.

It's really that simple.

Equally, Manly has been the Dragons' b!tch since '47, so I'm unconcerned about them.

These are the games that will show us whether we have improved as a side.

On paper and in theory we should towel Dogs, Parra and Manly up. These teams are playing poorly.

If we don't, the coaching staff needs to go.

We have the cattle.

No excuses.

Saints should win all three games.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
These are the games that will show us whether we have improved as a side.

On paper and in theory we should towel Dogs, Parra and Manly up. These teams are playing poorly.

If we don't, the coaching staff needs to go.

We have the cattle.

No excuses.

Saints should win all three games.

Correct.

These games are a credibility test.

The three games will prove weather Ben Hunt has turned the Dragons into 2018 contenders, or the Dragons have turned Ben Hunt into a 2017 pretender.

The three games will prove weather Ben Hunt has turned the Dragons into 2018 contenders, or the Dragons have turned Ben Hunt into a 2017 pretender.

Those of us who saw Saints play in the early seventies know that one man can't win games on his own.

We often won with 2 all time great players and a group of mostly average first graders.

Ben Hunt is the real deal.

When Mary becomes Harry Bath, we will sweep through the opposition.

In the meantime we will be competitive without threatening the top 4 to 6 teams when the whips are cracking.