What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs Rumour Mill - potential signings, releases, extensions & other news

Bulldog Force

Referee
Source: 10 News (bound to be on the Bulldogs website by now though)

Confirmed: Sam Kasiano has extended his contract by another 3 years
Expected: Tony Williams to sign with us (instead of Parra) from Manly. With this signing, it's expected Dean Halatau will not be offered an extension on his current deal with the club.

MatthewA

Juniors
FOTM, what negatives have you got to say about Kasiano re-signing? I can't wait to hear it.

Great re-signing.

Grapple

Bench
Source: 10 News (bound to be on the Bulldogs website by now though)

Confirmed: Sam Kasiano has extended his contract by another 3 years
Expected: Tony Williams to sign with us (instead of Parra) from Manly. With this signing, it's expected Dean Halatau will not be offered an extension on his current deal with the club.

Halatau has been great for us. Really dependable with his effort and defense, but to make way for T-Rex is a wise choice. Halatau would be perfect for someone like The Tigers off the bench or starting.

Really hope we get Tony, especially with big Sam resigning. Things are looking good at Belmore. With the likes of Finucane, Jackson, Taupau...etc, coming through the ranks I think we're pretty much sorted. The only dud decision Canterbury have made in my opinion was resigning Ennis. His experience is good, but ultimately over rated. I still think Reynolds would be great at hooker.

ZacGrant

Juniors
Not happy about Williams joining the bulldogs. The way he's played at Manly he constantly drops the ball and makes stupid decisions.

Packy

Bench
Hopefully Des takes the decision making away from him and gets him back on those lines that work.

I'll happily let Des decide if he's fit to ear Blue & White.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I reckon like a few players, his work ethic and commitment will change enormously under Des. He may well have just not liked Tooves that much, who knows?

Bulldog Force

Referee
Yeah that's what I think. He played very well under Des (considering how poorly he was at the Eels before that), so it wouldn't surprise me if Des gets the best out of him too. Look what he's done to Perrett and Inu!

ZacGrant

Juniors
Hopefully, Des transformed the bulldogs in just one season. I just dont want Williams stuffing us up like Manly. But im sure Des will turn him into the machine he was.

Last edited:

Bulldog Force

Referee
Hopefully, Des transformed the bulldogs in just one season. I just dont want Williams stuffing us up like Manly. But im sure Des will turn him into the machine he was.
In echoing Tim, I think it was Tooves that was the problem. The form slump that he hit in the back end of the season wasn't there when Des was coaching him. I think we should give him a chance before criticizing. I have every faith in the Coach of the year.

Bulldog Force

Referee
This is from the telecrap, so take it with a grain of salt:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...and-andrew-johns/story-e6frexnr-1226532782944

Izzy's hot property
ISRAEL Folau has wasted no time investing his footy cash from league, AFL and now rugby. A search of property records reveals he owns a house in Sydney and two in Queensland. They have been purchased under the Tongan version of his name, Isileli Folau.

Meanwhile, there is a very strong rumour that Folau signed for only 12 months at the Waratahs because he has an NRL club lined up for 2014, obviously not Parramatta. We're hearing the Bulldogs.

MatthewA

Juniors
It would make sense, for him to return to Sydney that is. Turner, Brown and a couple of other outside backs are off contract at the end of this year.

Make it happen, Toddy.

Bulldog Force

Referee
What about the cap? Oh that's right yours is unlimited.
Funny thing about haters. They always see the text when it comes to us signing certain certain players, but apparently the word 'releasing such & such' is invisible to them. Oh well...

haters_gonna_hate_desktop_800x600_hd-wallpaper-558094.jpg

Bulldog Force

Referee
Aww, did you want Folau to play for your team?

I don't want him to come to the dogs, we've had enough mercenaries thanks.
This! Plus after what he did to our game and the manner in which he walked out on a contract, he can go f**k himself for all I care.