What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bundy Cup 2010

Good win by the boys on the weekend.
While it wasnt a spectacular game they both tried hard and made for some entertainment.
Both teams will certainly try and put a spanner in the works of some of the teams above them which is good to see they havent given up.

Any idea on who the coach will be at Cabra next season?

On another note, I hear the Bulls are in trouble as they cant pay their players.
Might be why they didnt compete against Wenty yesterday.

The Wrong Eye

Juniors
I reckon you wont see Brothers in this comp next year , club will be cutting costs and they are barely able tofield sides in their top grades now.

footy watch

Juniors
the bulls performance on weekend was due to horrific injury toll and a red hot wenty team who will go back to back this year.They will be hard to beat.The bulls players have always been paid.Most of them owe money as they take advancements.. Also at this stage they too may be pulling out of the comp next year.St Marys and a team from the Navy looks likely to be the new teams.

the bulls performance on weekend was due to horrific injury toll and a red hot wenty team who will go back to back this year.They will be hard to beat.The bulls players have always been paid.Most of them owe money as they take advancements.. Also at this stage they too may be pulling out of the comp next year.St Marys and a team from the Navy looks likely to be the new teams.

Ohh, is that the excuse this week.
Every team has injuries, I am hearing the players are disgruntled and the coach is frustrated.

Be very suprised if the Bulls pull out, my guess is, it is a threat to the NSWRL from them because they want some rule changes to suit them.

Roland

Juniors
Teams dont need excuses for getting hammered by Wenty. They are the Premiers and in the last 3 weeks they have played better than at any time last year. The results speak for themselves:

Wenty 38 Entrance (2nd) 12 at home

Wenty 44 Mounties (4th) 10 away

Wenty 52 Bulls (1st) 22 at home

The merit of the last result is that the Bulls had gone 6 games without a loss. The only danger for Wenty now is that they play the bottom 3 in the last 3 games and the coach will need to motivate them to maintain the standard leading into the finals.

There is no point Brothers and the Bulls playing next year if they wont be able to pay the players. Chester Hill tried that fiasco and now their top side is under 17's.

This comp has gone from 12 to 10 to 8 and how many next season?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Comp is now over, finals to come. Bulls with a week off and face winner of 2v3 in the major semi.

Preliminary semis:
Major - Wentworthville v The Entrance (winner to play Bankstown in week two)
Minor - Mounties v Windsor (loser eliminated, winner to play Major Semi Final loser)

Roland

Juniors
Comp is now over, finals to come. Bulls with a week off and face winner of 2v3 in the major semi.

Preliminary semis:
Major - Wentworthville v The Entrance (winner to play Bankstown in week two)
Minor - Mounties v Windsor (loser eliminated, winner to play Major Semi Final loser)

The Round 20 game between Mounties and the Bulls was abandoned after 55 minutes due to the failure of the lights at Mounties.

Now that Mounties beat the Entrance I believe that this game will be replayed tomorrow night and if Mounties were to win they would play Wenty in the major semi and thus get 2 chances and the Entrance would be relegated to the elimination final.

The Round 20 game between Mounties and the Bulls was abandoned after 55 minutes due to the failure of the lights at Mounties.

Now that Mounties beat the Entrance I believe that this game will be replayed tomorrow night and if Mounties were to win they would play Wenty in the major semi and thus get 2 chances and the Entrance would be relegated to the elimination final.

I was told this afternoon that Mounties have the points for this game because the Bulls left the ground before they could get the lights working thus forfeiting the game.

The NSWRL website has Mounties in third spot and there was definitely no game there tonight.

Footy Tragic

Juniors
Terry, what do you put Cabra's last two wins, to miss the wooden spoon, down to? They were playing teams who needed to win to lift their spot in the semi's

Terry, what do you put Cabra's last two wins, to miss the wooden spoon, down to? They were playing teams who needed to win to lift their spot in the semi's

If you look at the Cabra team on paper it is a very good side, they just didn't play to their potential.

I saw games where their so called stars didn't perform at all and they were badly beaten and then they would come out the next week and wipe the opposition so consistancy was certainly an issue.

If you are paying blokes the amount of money they are you expect them to perform week in week out but unfortunately I think they payed the wrong blokes the big bucks and they just turned up each week with their hand out and only performed when they thought they needed to.

No surprise that at the end of the season when they are looking to next year the big name players stand up and have a go so they are in the frame for a contract next year.

Maybe the coaching staff need to take some of the blame as well as it is their job to have the players prepared each week and they obviously didn't.

I know they are slashing the money offered next season so it will be interesting to see which players stay and who goes.
My guess is the big name players will get out as fast as they can and it will be the local kids who stay loyal and they are the ones they should have been looking after all along.
Hate to say it but I don't think we can attract players like we used to and it may be another long winter for us, especially when there are other teams nearby who are so professional in what they do.

The Wrong Eye

Juniors
The Brothers club are out of the Bundy , they voted at a meeting last night to just go into the local A Grade and Reserve Grade comp.

footy watch

Juniors
If you look at the Cabra team on paper it is a very good side, they just didn't play to their potential.

I saw games where their so called stars didn't perform at all and they were badly beaten and then they would come out the next week and wipe the opposition so consistancy was certainly an issue.

If you are paying blokes the amount of money they are you expect them to perform week in week out but unfortunately I think they payed the wrong blokes the big bucks and they just turned up each week with their hand out and only performed when they thought they needed to.

No surprise that at the end of the season when they are looking to next year the big name players stand up and have a go so they are in the frame for a contract next year.

Maybe the coaching staff need to take some of the blame as well as it is their job to have the players prepared each week and they obviously didn't.

I know they are slashing the money offered next season so it will be interesting to see which players stay and who goes.
My guess is the big name players will get out as fast as they can and it will be the local kids who stay loyal and they are the ones they should have been looking after all along.
Hate to say it but I don't think we can attract players like we used to and it may be another long winter for us, especially when there are other teams nearby who are so professional in what they do.
cabra have been active in negotiations for next year. Francia Tuigamala, Brett finn and Pat weisner have all been sounded out and contacted

Last edited:

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors

Terry u heard about any Rumour of a Newtown Jets & Cabra Merger ??.... i know Two Cabra Jnrs Strike players won't be with Cabra next season..Not out of Disloyalty, but movin up to 'NSW Cup' ..heard they are Gonna Trial with the Jets ..

Last edited:

Hate to say it but I don't think we can attract players like we used to and it may be another long winter for us, especially when there are other teams nearby who are so professional in what they do.[/QUOTE

Lost 9 players from last yrs GF Team not a good start Terry n thats before we started pre season training. So instead of building on that we were back 2 square one before a ball had even been kicked. We are working hard 4 next season already . We have a couple of things we are working on, players we want 2 keep are being signed . Same mistakes wont be made Terry . Mate our big name players were at the top each wk . 21 rounds is tough n when you dont have the depth its very hard on the young players .

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
*** BUNDY RED CUP 2010 TEAM ****

1. Coedi Towney (The Entrance Tigers)
2. Adham El-Zabedhieh (Mounties)
3. Dylon Gilbert (Wentworthville Magpies)
4. Karl Filiga (Wentworthville Magpies)
5. Grant Nelson (The Entrance Tigers)
6. Trent Trotter (Bankstown City Bulls)
7. Alex Moore (The Entrance Tigers) ©
8. Jamie Small (Cabramatta) ©
9. Jamie Clark (Mounties)
10. Francis Tuigamala (Bankstown City Bulls)
11. Pat Galea (Mounties)
12. Brett Sargent (Wentworthville Magpies)
13. Mitch Stanfield (Wentworthville Magpies)

14. Aaron Fluke (Wentworthville Magpies)
15. Allan Soultan (Campbelltown Eagles)
16. Terrie Glassie (Mounties)
17. Latu Fifita (Penrith Brothers)
18th Man. Robbie Lee (Windsor Wolves)

Coach: Brett Cook

*** Honourable Mentions ***

** Some Players Listed Here can Consider Themselves very UnLucky not to have made the *** BRC 2010 Squad ***

nswRLmedia..did'nt list the clubs for the "Honour Mention Role"..so i pretty much guessed it.. [SORRY IF I GOT IT WRONG]

channaryth Ly-mounties..
vince morunga-windsor..
chris morson-brothers..
cliff nye-wentys..
Adnan Saleh-bulls..
danny baraakat-bulls..
daniel cray-cabra..
danny chiha-windsor..
damien mostyn-mounties..
jake fitzpatrick-entrance..
dean springfield-brothers..
andrew dallalana-cabra..
jay mairleitner-brothers..
wade dunley-campbelltown..
steve bristow-wentys..
mick hawkings-brothers..
Ben Tonks-campbelltown..
samuel hoare-campbelltown..
jacob byrne-wentys..
daniel galati-cabra..
francis vaiotu-cabra..
nick kasis-cabra..
troy bushby-bulls..
keresoma sione-wentys..
chad grant-windsor..
jay hemmings-entrance..
shanelle haumono-windsor..
pat franks-campbelltown...

*cAN'T Believe The ''Rocheburger'' did'nt even get a mention !!!...*

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
*** BUNDY RED CUP 2010 TEAM ****

1. Coedi Towney (The Entrance Tigers)
2. Adham El-Zabedhieh (Mounties)
3. Dylon Gilbert (Wentworthville Magpies)
4. Karl Filiga (Wentworthville Magpies)
5. Grant Nelson (The Entrance Tigers)
6. Trent Trotter (Bankstown City Bulls)
7. Alex Moore (The Entrance Tigers) ©
8. Jamie Small (Cabramatta) ©
9. Jamie Clark (Mounties)
10. Francis Tuigamala (Bankstown City Bulls)
11. Pat Galea (Mounties)
12. Brett Sargent (Wentworthville Magpies)
13. Mitch Stanfield (Wentworthville Magpies)
14. Aaron Fluke (Wentworthville Magpies)
15. Allan Soultan (Campbelltown Eagles)
16. Terrie Glassie (Mounties)
17. Latu Fifita (Penrith Brothers)
18th Man. Robbie Lee (Windsor Wolves)
Coach: Brett Cook

*** Honourable Mentions ***

** Some Players Listed Here can Consider Themselves very UnLucky not to have made the *** BRC 2010 Squad ***

nswRLmedia..did'nt list the clubs for the "Honour Mention Role"..so i pretty much guessed it.. [SORRY IF I GOT IT WRONG]

channaryth Ly-mounties..
vince morunga-windsor..
chris morson-brothers..
cliff nye-wentys..
Adnan Saleh-bulls..
danny baraakat-bulls..
daniel cray-cabra..
danny chiha-windsor..
damien mostyn-mounties..
jake fitzpatrick-entrance..
dean springfield-brothers..
andrew dallalana-cabra..
jay mairleitner-brothers..
wade dunley-campbelltown..
steve bristow-wentys..
mick hawkings-brothers..
Ben Tonks-campbelltown..
samuel hoare-campbelltown..
jacob byrne-wentys..
daniel galati-cabra..
francis vaiotu-cabra..
nick kasis-cabra..
troy bushby-bulls..
keresoma sione-wentys..
chad grant-windsor..
jay hemmings-entrance..
shanelle haumono-windsor..
pat franks-campbelltown...

*cAN'T Believe The ''Rocheburger'' did'nt even get a mention !!!...*

Terry u heard about any Rumour of a Newtown Jets & Cabra Merger ??.... i know Two Cabra Jnrs Strike players won't be with Cabra next season..Not out of Disloyalty, but movin up to 'NSW Cup' ..heard they are Gonna Trial with the Jets ..

Yeah Cabra I heard that but I can't see it happening cause Parra wont let them same as when they tried it with Cronulla.

The Jets have an arrangement with Mounties already.