What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buses from the Club on Sunday

I'm thinking of driving myself.

Few slow lights at the club, few at pub.

Easier to get back to the club after the game.

Mainly as I am not getting pissed & forgetting this day I've waited forever for.

Been to about 8 grand finals there from '99 & have f**kall recollection of any of them.

If you park in the ANZ Stadium precincts it will take you ages. In 2002, I went on one of the buses the Roosters had running to the game and was going to catchy it back to the club after. I missed the bus as by the time the lap of honour finished, the bus had left. Thus I got a train to Central and after much scrabbling, got a cab from Central to Easts Leagues Club in Bondi Junction. After all that, and it took me like 15-20 minutes to find a cab, I still beat the bus back to Easts Leagues by about 30 minutes. Problem is there are only a few roads out of precincts (though you may already be aware of this, if you are, apologies as I was not trying to preach).

Good luck to you all on Sunday.

Im now on a bus.
Difference is its a private mini bus. Picking up and dropping off from cronulla, no other stops and only $30.
Good value i reckon.

Card Shark

Immortal
I'm pretty sure there will be trains going directly back to Central from the Olympic Park station, as well as to Lidcombe.

Tom, now catching the CSSC bus, leaving the club @ 12. Was going to get the train back to Lidcombe for some beers.

Would the trains stop there on way back at that time of day & if not, what do you suggest? Thanks.

Edit: Just checked timetable & it appears Lidcombe is start of Olympic line, so trains every 10 mins. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

McLovin

Staff member
You're crazy if you're driving there. Getting in won't be a problem depending on when you get there... Getting out on the other hand i'd imagine would be an absolute shit fight. I've only driven to homebush once to see the foo fighters at Acer and even that was a pain in the arse...

McLovin

Staff member
Major events buses every 10 minutes. I'm getting on at Roselands so i'll be on the route leaving the shire... Might completely full by the time it reaches me...

Quigs

Immortal
Last I heard 110 buses.Most know their way to get to OP.Hope the guy who got lost driving our bus to the SFS,is not on the Sunday shift.

If he ends up your driver just flog him frontier style and take over the bus driving duties.