What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bush League at its finest (Well nearly)

Quigs

Immortal
'ere you go one and all.

Bush league at its finest.

But firstly I must apologise for the Oldies outfits, I know its pathetic but it was above and beyond my control.

Ever wanted to know what a day of league in the bush was all about before big dollars farkkkked the game. Where townsfolk just got together for a game, a family funday, a pissup, and to raise a bit of dough for charity.

14 years now we have been doing this. First weekend after the GF.

Every player signs an indemnity book - if they get hurt its their own fault.
Oldies -v- youngies - we end up with around 60 players.

There is also an ironman race. (see pics) Up two hills around the oval and at the top of each, drink a can and have a very cold snag roll. This year $300 prize money, and the winner donated half back to the charity.

SEE PICS HERE

10-olds-1.jpg

10-olds-2.jpg

Pic above is the local walloper (our policeman) getting stiffed armed by a youngie...

10-olds-3.jpg

The game is played with a take no prisoner mentallity

Even the local councillor had a scrum blue with his eldest son and lost half a tooth. it was Short sharp right.

A great day and the oldies gave the youngies another touch up 30 - 16.
Raised $3,500 for the local cancer council branch and the local school made $1,100 from the canteen.

Real Roogbee, bush style.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Last edited:

Quigs

Immortal
No match review here Reefman.

350 odd days to the next rematch. Grudges and payback is most welcomed and anticipated.

We had racial slurs, blatant late intentional tackles, fisticups, flare-ups, sideline abuse, corrupt refereeing, incorrect player replacements, crikey we had everything that good rugby league should have.

And the crowd loved it. Shame its all missing from the big league these days.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Titanic

First Grade
Geez, I can smell the steak & onions sangas from up here ... do the right thing will ya Quigs?

Quigs

Immortal
My last run was 5 years ago New. I possess a birth certificate that scares me. Ive now burnt, hung up, never to wear my league boots again.

But I'd love too.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

My last run was 5 years ago New. I possess a birth certificate that scares me. Ive now burnt, hung up, never to wear my league boots again.

But I'd love too.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

By the looks of the photos Quigs boots were not required so don't go dashing your dreams just yet.

Maybe boots should be stamped out of the game as without them Mr Gallen may not have had his cordial discussion with Mr Paea.