What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Business Data Backups & Restores

___

Juniors
Hi all,

Many moons ago I used to work as a Systems Administrator and used programs like Backup Exec, Data Protector, and (at the time) the new up and comers, CommVault.

Now that was an industry I left behind as I found that it was something that evolved too frequently, too quickly, and training course after training course had to be undertaken in order to keep up with modern trends - and that's IF your company was willing to pay for it.

Since then I've noticed that people tend to use packages made available to them using the MS Office Suite that cost nothing in order to store files such as MS Teams, Sharepoint and Yammer.

Does anyone here know if their company uses a backup program to conduct file backups or do you simply store your files on a platform that comes with your ICT software package?

Parra

Referee
Cloud and saas. Build the requirements into your saas contracts and it's on the vendor. You choose the recovery point/recovery time etc that suits your business requirements.

YoHadrian

Juniors
Print everything out & put it in a filing cabinet so it'll only go mouldy but never get "hacked".