What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buy of the season 2017

Drag Queen

Bench
You're either taking the piss or taking drugs. I just can't figure out which of the two it is.
I actually agree with Saint Jimmy. I don't believe Rein was ever our problematic player. I do think he was playing with an inadequate squad at the time and seemed to be the scapegoat for all our woes. Marketo on the other hand..I don't agree.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I actually agree with Saint Jimmy. I don't believe Rein was ever our problematic player. I do think he was playing with an inadequate squad at the time and seemed to be the scapegoat for all our woes. Marketo on the other hand..I don't agree.

I can't agree with you mate...how many forward passes did he used to throw? how many kicks over the dead ball line did he make when he shouldn't have been kicking? When the game was on the line he seemed too implode. He had one job...throw the ball back...and he couldn't even get that right.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

f**k me! Well, one out of two ain't bad.

Drag Queen

Bench
I can't agree with you mate...how many forward passes did he used to throw? how many kicks over the dead ball line did he make when he shouldn't have been kicking? When the game was on the line he seemed too implode. He had one job...throw the ball back...and he couldn't even get that right.
You don't have to agree with me.
Agree to disagree. He played with what was given to him which wasn't much tbh.

Drag Queen

Bench
Of course I don't have to agree mate...it's a forum. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I respect that. You think the problem was everyone else but him...I think he was one of the reasons why there was a problem.
I didn't say that everyone else was the problem either. Most of the team failed to fire over the last couple of years. I just don't like the fact that it was pinned on a couple of players mate.

Hills Dragon

Juniors
It's these kinds of fallacious posts that make me wish this Forum had a 'dislike' button.

To clarify (and to remedy), what I have actually written previously is that McInnes "isn't an upgrade on Rein".

Not only do I stand by those words, I haven't seen one Dragons' game that hasn't made me want to alter my opinion.

In fact, Rein's recent debut game for Penrith (against Canterbury) was just as good, if not better, than anything McInnes has produced so far.

If that makes me "wrong" to my bigoted detractors, I'll live.
This is like saying a Porsche 911 isn't an upgrade on a Kia Carnival.

Minh

First Grade

Rein simply lacked polish and skills and not the quickest footballer between the ears too...

Minh

First Grade
He was frustrating to watch. Sometimes I thought he was brilliant...most of the time he was plain dumb.

About right on....he took so many bad options when we had the opposition in trouble at times looked lost.....passes were sometimes awful too but he tried hard and played some decent games with his ability to run the ball....

j0nesy

Bench
I agree that Rein was unfairly blamed for our poor 2016. He is a pretty good hooker. Our 2016 form was by and large down to the poor attacking structures which were being coached, this has sinc has been rectified. Having said that I do believe that McInness is a more complete hooker than Rein. In my opinion McInness is better in defence and better ball player and ball distributor, perhaps Rein has the edge as a ball runner. I also think McInness has a better kicking game and seems to control the game better(although that could be down to the improved structures).

BennyV

Referee
I agree that Rein was unfairly blamed for our poor 2016. He is a pretty good hooker. Our 2016 form was by and large down to the poor attacking structures which were being coached, this has sinc has been rectified. Having said that I do believe that McInness is a more complete hooker than Rein. In my opinion McInness is better in defence and better ball player and ball distributor, perhaps Rein has the edge as a ball runner. I also think McInness has a better kicking game and seems to control the game better(although that could be down to the improved structures).
He wasn't a 'good hooker'. He did some good things in games where we were on top, but he did more harm. His decision making was horrible, and gave him a tendency to run at the least convenient times. Passing was average, and defence was ok in numbers, but often poor in technique. Running was very good when he picked his moments.

His biggest issue was that he believed his hype - between Young and Price telling him he's a future captain and morons in the media seeing one good run and saying he's a future SOO player, he believed he was much better than what he was.

McInnes is several levels above, and the fact th Mitch has played most of he season in Reggie's speaks volumes.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
He wasn't a 'good hooker'. He did some good things in games where we were on top, but he did more harm. His decision making was horrible, and gave him a tendency to run at the least convenient times. Passing was average, and defence was ok in numbers, but often poor in technique. Running was very good when he picked his moments.

His biggest issue was that he believed his hype - between Young and Price telling him he's a future captain and morons in the media seeing one good run and saying he's a future SOO player, he believed he was much better than what he was.

McInnes is several levels above, and the fact th Mitch has played most of he season in Reggie's speaks volumes.

This absolutely. The team always played better and ran straighter when L'Estrange or Garvey or even Marketo were on the ground instead of Rein. Rein was definitely an impediment to progress.

Latest posts