What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buzz Reporting Tolman soon to be at Sharks

Quigs

Immortal
I just hope we keep playing dumb as shit footy. It was brilliant to see our forwards race into set the scrums with 15 minutes and counting to go. (A noticeable problem we have had for years and years)

It was inspiring to see Chadley in the first half and with the assistance of a 90k gale behind him and only kicking the ball over the sideline for about a 15 metre gain from the penalty kicks.

And you expect this mob to do things like back up and support a ball carrying forward...... come on.

There was one incident in the first half where we grubbered into the ingoal and the stains Duffy scampered around and cleaned up the kick. He just stood there like a stale bottle of piss, gave himself up and even had a loose grip on the pill. Now if I reckon a thinker JT type of a player would of gone him one on one like a mongrel dog and tried to strip the ball and score.

What did our blokes do. I think it was Loots. He just ran up and patted him (Duffy) on the head.

We play dumb as dogshit footy.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
I just hope we keep playing dumb as shit footy. It was brilliant to see our forwards race into set the scrums with 15 minutes and counting to go. (A noticeable problem we have had for years and years)

It was inspiring to see Chadley in the first half and with the assistance of a 90k gale behind him and only kicking the ball over the sideline for about a 15 metre gain from the penalty kicks.

And you expect this mob to do things like back up and support a ball carrying forward...... come on.

There was one incident in the first half where we grubbered into the ingoal and the stains Duffy scampered around and cleaned up the kick. He just stood there like a stale bottle of piss, gave himself up and even had a loose grip on the pill. Now if I reckon a thinker JT type of a player would of gone him one on one like a mongrel dog and tried to strip the ball and score.

What did our blokes do. I think it was Loots. He just ran up and patted him (Duffy) on the head.

We play dumb as dogshit footy.
You just work that out you old Quigs?......Played 50 years of dumb footy and just got lucky that the stars aligned in'16. A few years ago I'd have been pissed with this ordinary start to the season but now......I take our mediocrity far less personally......! year and won faarrkk all!

shadowboxer

First Grade
Chad in March 2017 - I’m going to see what’s out there in the market, hoping to get an upgrade on his contract. I should be on Ben Hunt $$$$
Chad in April 2017 - signs with sharks till 2020
Enough said....

Quickdraw is furious about the club not respecting life & perpetual memberships & they gave his way his membership numbers to somebody else

This is interesting. It's not the club saying this, it's the Australian Electoral Commission who runs the elections. You have to present both your Football club and leagues club memberships in your nomination form- and be a member of both for 3 years. Sparkles hasn't been a member for years- and despite him bleating about ex players in and around the club he is seldom sighted. He has been labouring under the misapprehension that a "perpetual" membership meant he was both LC and FC current.
Not entirely true.

I also don't think he is a life member of either club, I'll check next time I am down there but there are not many ex players who are.

The perpetual memberships were dreamed up by Barry Pierce in the mid 1990s as a scam to get money in the club. Give us $50 or so (cant remember the figure) and you will get a "perpetual" Leagues Club membership (not football club) . Trouble is this isn't recognised under the constitution and the numbers are largely meaningless because they ran separate to regular membership- at the club they are still sorta recognised but officially they are not considered to be members. The AEC has bent the rules to allow him to run.

Keogh also got caught out as he was not a football club member and a shady deal done down at the old Cronulla Caringbah clubhouse late one night only got him current.

RUBIKS

Juniors
I paid $50

Never signed in ever again

View attachment 18494
Back when I used to work at the club, you'd have to refuse requests for whatever reason... at least once a night I'd have to listen to someone tell me how important they were and that they were a life member. They'd then continue by pulling one of these little trinkets out of their pocket.

carcharias

Immortal
Back when I used to work at the club, you'd have to refuse requests for whatever reason... at least once a night I'd have to listen to someone tell me how important they were and that they were a life member. They'd then continue by pulling one of these little trinkets out of their pocket.

Seriously
Nobody usually knows what it is.

Madsharkie

First Grade
Sharks' bid for stalwart hits brick wall

Cronulla’s bid to sign consistent Bulldogs prop Aiden Tolman for this season may be about to hit a brick wall.

The Bulldogs were shopping Tolman around a few months ago - until they realised they will be short on front-rowers for 10 weeks during the State of Origin period with Dave Klemmer and Aaron Woods on duty for the Blues.

http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2018%2F03%2F20%2F06%2F45%2FTolman_0612_a_env.jpg

The Sharks' bid to sign Bulldogs prop Aiden Tilman has hit a snag. (AAP)

As a result, the Bulldogs are considering hanging on to Tolman until the end of the year.

Link: https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/03/20...ish-prop-ryan-sutton-to-spark-season-the-mole

The Bulldogs were shopping Tolman around a few months ago - until they realised they will be short on front-rowers for 10 weeks during the State of Origin period with Dave Klemmer and Aaron Woods on duty for the Blues...
How f**king dumb are they? Oh yeah we only just thought of that...

Latest posts