What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bye Bye Konnie

Watched NSWarriors run out today for their game and they were focused and pumped. Hurrell comes out laughing and joking.
After the game he is in tears and hugging his team mates. With his upcoming meeting with the club id say he is gone.

All the talent in the world but nothing upstairs

No one else to blame

Penrose_11

Juniors
I hope he stays in the NRL somewhere and just doesn't disappear to UK RL. Be good to see him playing under a quality technical coach. Good luck to him but yes, no one to blame but himself.

Blair

Coach
If it's fact then I still feel a little sad. I saw him in his second NRL game at Parra in 2012. It was 'look out, here I come!' stuff.

I hope they work something out where he stays with us, but if he needs to move to become a really good or great player then go, Konnie, go.

Juju

Juniors
If it's fact then I still feel a little sad. I saw him in his second NRL game at Parra in 2012. It was 'look out, here I come!' stuff.

I hope they work something out where he stays with us, but if he needs to move to become a really good or great player then go, Konnie, go.
I admit seeing him emotional and manu comforting him was pretty sad. What a wasted talent for us. Theres not much better sight than Konrad steamrolling a player to score and thats something Ill miss. He's squandered too many chances...

LeagueNut

First Grade
After the match he came over to near where we were sitting. Some people had come down to the field to meet him, family maybe? Anyway he gave them all a hug and looked like he had tears in his eyes. I got the distinct impression that it was the last Mt Smart game for him.

Meth

Staff member
I do feel sad for him. Such a talent and it might only be dawning on him now that he has wasted his first shot at a tremendous opportunity. Sure he will be thrown a lifeline

Alan Johnson

Juniors
So frustrating that he has failed realise his talent. If his head was screwed on right he could be doing this sort of thing on a weekly basis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5kGn2N4vzc

Not only strong and difficult to tackle but he's pretty bloody fast and has a wicked step as well. He would be one of the biggest drawcards in the NRL if he played to his potential.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I don't feel an ounce of sadness for him.

No one squandered his opportunities apart from him. He had an opportunity to grow up, and as late as last week proved he wasn't interested in taking it. Twice.

The club is better off without him. Our centres are playing well, very well in fact. We don't miss him.

As Oz would say, FO Konrad.

Juju

Juniors
I was just out at the ground (trying to find my car keys!) Konnies manager was there then...

ozbash

Referee
He is a classic example of someone trying to run before he could walk.

Hindsight says he should have done 2 or 3 years in NSW Cup...

betcats

Referee
It will be interesting to see how he does at his next club, if he cant pull it together he will be in the Dave Taylor class of talent wasting.