What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bye Bye Konnie

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Good to see some thingsjust don't change :lol:

Just read on RLW that part of the condition of the release is that he can't play against us in Rd17 :D

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Good to see some thingsjust don't change :lol:

Just read on RLW that part of the condition of the release is that he can't play against us in Rd17 :D
If that was Konnies call which I doubt then that's ok but if that was Warriors management call then that's cowardice. That's admitting they know Konnie will go good against us.

I'd like to see Hurrell score a try and blow a kiss at Cappy.

What do yous think?

Last edited:

Meth

Staff member
Should just about walk into the Titans at the moment.

Sad to see it end so badly, but it's the right call.

If that was Konnies call which I doubt then that's ok but if that was Warriors management call then that's cowardice. That's admitting they know Konnie will go good against us.

What do yous think?

good call by management
can u imagine the circus the media would make out of this leading up to the game. good call management

plus it seems standard practise these days, leilua wasnt allowed to play against the knights when he signed for the raiders. Tapine as well i think

KeepingTheFaith

Referee

What do yous think?

It wouldn't have been Konnies call.

We're paying his wages this year. Why would we pay him to play against us?

Got no problem with us doing that tbh.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
good call by management
can u imagine the circus the media would make out of this leading up to the game. good call management
What do you think they'd say that would be bad? Cos I can't honestly think of anything bad, probably 'Hurrell to get revenge'..that's not bad.

plus it seems standard practise these days, leilua wasnt allowed to play against the knights when he signed for the raiders. Tapine as well i think
Yeah I have noticed that some players play good in their first game against their old club (e.g. RTS vs Roosters, SBW vs Bulldogs) maybe that's the reason why.

I'm Warriors fan hard out but I wasn't happy with Konnie getting the axe. Also didn't like him moaning about the coach but in the same token, I'd like to see him get one over Cappy with a 'I told you so' performance.

Last edited:
]What do you think they'd say that would be bad? Cos I can't honestly think of anything bad, probably 'Hurrell to get revenge'..that's not bad.[/B]

Yeah I have noticed that some players play good in their first game against their old club (e.g. RTS vs Roosters, SBW vs Bulldogs) maybe that's the reason why.

I'm Warriors fan hard out but I wasn't happy with Konnie getting the axe. Also didn't like him moaning about the coach but in the same token, I'd like to see him get one over Cappy with a 'I told you so' performance.

It would be all about Hurrell, and the focus would be tested

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Ahh I didn't know we're paying him.

Yeah fair enough.

From my understanding of what others have said we're paying him a very minimal amount in future years, but are offsetting that by absorbing more of his contract this year.

Considering we were on the hook for a mil over the next 2 seasons it seems like Doyle got a hell of a deal to free up cap space for the coming seasons.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

What do yous think?

I don't see it as cowardice at all - pretty standard clause, especially when you're paying him. Non-compete that comes with a lot of business. Someone wants something you have, it's not a swap...you make sure you get something tangible out of it.

Knowing Konrad, it'll be the one game a year he fires up for.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
It would be all about Hurrell, and the focus would be tested
Might destract the players aye. Yeah I know what you sayin now.

Bit off the track here but I'd go as far as saying his toko Manu might even let him score lol.

Considering we were on the hook for a mil over the next 2 seasons it seems like Doyle got a hell of a deal to free up cap space for the coming seasons.

Oh that's good, hopefully we never have an issue with the cap dear god.

Knowing Konrad, it'll be the one game a year he fires up for.

Hard out bruv. He'll come for us like none before.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Funny thing is (well it's actually about funny as a kick in the pills) that we hear it clears cap space, and that sounds like a good thing...but honest to goodness even if we spent two times over the salary cap, would we be any better under this particular coach and in our environment? And even if we do clear cap space for next year, will anyone worth their salt want to come here? And who deserves to be upgraded on this year's evidence? Solomone, and that's about it?

vvvrulz

Coach
Has it ever been this bad?

At least in the past we could say we had terrible rosters, we've been criminally under performing with the talent we've had at our disposal 2011 onwards.

You're right. Why would anyone, coach or player, want to come here the way it is now.

Latest posts