What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CA rolling out mandatory British Standard helmets for all cricket

Mr Spock!

Referee
Or you could teach players how to play the bouncing ball.

I had a helmet once with the fibre glass face. Couldn't stand it.

If CA make this mandatory I hope they're paying for it instead of expecting junior teams to fork out of their own small budget.

Bazal

Post Whore
Or you could teach players how to play the bouncing ball.

I had a helmet once with the fibre glass face. Couldn't stand it.

If CA make this mandatory I hope they're paying for it instead of expecting junior teams to fork out of their own small budget.

Given the best batsman on the planet is currently sitting out a Test match with concussion after a blow to the head, I think your first sentence is totally and utterly invalid. Even the best get it wrong sometimes.

100% CA should pay for it though. Even if it's just two lids for team kits or whatever.

I hate the British standard lids. For kids, sure, but at least let fully grown adults adjust the f**king grille..

Actually @Scott Gourley's Lovechild did you ever get a response from CA?
Yeah I did. They pointed me in the direction of Ayrtek & Masuri which had 64cm helmets. The only one that for was the Masuri Vision Series, so I bought that.

Then a few days ago Cricket NSW said they aren’t going to make it mandatory and will leave it up to the local associations. My association (St George-George’s River) is not going to enforce the rule. So there’s about $200 down the toilet.