What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cairns trial squad named

Vozzy

Juniors
Players that played well especially first 40 where they had a strong team.

- Marsters
- Thompson
- lolahea
- Felise
- Eisenhuth
- Rochow

Reynolds was busy and had a hand in a couple of tries nothing flashy but his energy level alone was really good the team fed off it.

Earlier post mentioning Marsters offloads well Reynolds was the perfect player to have receiving offload in space it's what lead to the try.

Reynolds/Marsters/Nofaluma on the right could have a lot of points this season.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Players that played well especially first 40 where they had a strong team.

- Marsters
- Thompson
- lolahea
- Felise
- Eisenhuth
- Rochow

Reynolds was busy and had a hand in a couple of tries nothing flashy but his energy level alone was really good the team fed off it.

Earlier post mentioning Marsters offloads well Reynolds was the perfect player to have receiving offload in space it's what lead to the try.

Reynolds/Marsters/Nofaluma on the right could have a lot of points this season.

Reynolds had his breakthrough season in 2012 when he was wrapping around off the back of offloads from the likes of Pritchard, Graham, Kasiano, Inu etc. He plays like a traditional 70s/80s 5/8 which is how most fullbacks play in attack today.

Playing on that right side with Marsters I can see him causing havoc.

I’m super impressed with Marsters. I know he’s only 21 but he wasn’t really a junior star. He played a bit of rep but the likes of Liolaveve, Funaki and even Santi/Lovett played more junior reps and had bigger profiles then him. They all failed whereas he has been great.

He seems to have a great attitude and came back to pre season 5kgs lighter after Ivan told him he sees him as a center.

I can see him really making his mark in first grade this year.

Tiger Ted

Bench
We should extend Marsters’s contract asap.The kid showed last season how talented he is.After Suli was injured with a season ending injury Marsters was a class above the others who played in the centres especially during back half of season.He was glaringly our most outstanding 3/4 albeit Nofa wasn’t his normal brilliant self due to being hamstrung by injuries.

I really like a 3/4 lineup of Nofa
Marsters Milne & Fonua.

Tiger Ted

Bench
That problem really improved in the second half of last season though. Finally.
Yep ur right IC had a positive impact on our woeful record of clocking of at the 35 min mark & not waking from our slumber until the 45-50 min mark !

Reynolds’s enthusiasm & experience will ensure we remain alert for 80 mins.

Clifferd

Coach
what is the contract situation with Marsters? If it expires at the end of this year I wouldn’t be surprised if there were half a dozen clubs chasing him after the first few rounds

If we were smart, he should be our #1 priority resigning

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
what is the contract situation with Marsters? If it expires at the end of this year I wouldn’t be surprised if there were half a dozen clubs chasing him after the first few rounds

But what about Shannon McDonnell??!!!

Tiger Ted

Bench

I’m fairly certain it expires at end of season coz he signed for 2 yrs a few seasons ago.He was being chased by a number of predatory clubs & I recall him impressively opting to remain with us as gratitude for giving him his 1st opportunity via our Holden cup team.He certainly seems to have a number of fine qualities that are scarce among his peers.

Ron's_Mate

Bench

In 2016 it was announced that he had just signed a contract until the end of 2018. Haven't heard anything else so assume that is still the case.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
With that really soft cowgirls try I thought it might be Bayley Sironen caught out as he was definitely the last walking back behind our tryline, head down.
I thought the same. Sironen and Gamble seem to be similar heights so easily confused esp when it's a camera giving a wide view.

Clifferd

Coach
Looking at the replay it looks like Sironen to me.

Nothing against Bayley but I think we’d have to have an extremely bad run with injuries this year for him to be in our top 17. I think he’s still atleast another year away from 1sts, doesn’t look to be as big as his brother Curtis, so maybe another year will help him develope

Tiger Ted

Bench
Looking at the replay it looks like Sironen to me.

Nothing against Bayley but I think we’d have to have an extremely bad run with injuries this year for him to be in our top 17. I think he’s still atleast another year away from 1sts, doesn’t look to be as big as his brother Curtis, so maybe another year will help him develope
Our depth is as strong as it’s ever been & hence Bayley is way down the pecking order.

In the final game of ‘17 season at leichhardt v warriors when Benji’s brother & Bayley made there debuts I thought Benji’s brother was clearly the more impressive.

super_coach

First Grade
Bayley Siro has half the ability of Curtis but three times the ticker. Not likely to see much NRL time, but will do a job if required

Latest posts