What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cam Smith retiring from rep footy

Showtime

Juniors
I think the timing of it is pretty poor. Why not face the music and wait till after the series is over

Or, he could’ve announced it at the start of the year...

Just watching this press conference, I think he and Walters have known for a while.

Showtime

Juniors
I get why people don't like him, but if this is what he's doing then good on him - the greatest hooker to ever play the game, and a great all round player - yes, grubby, head of referees etc - but you're a fool if you wouldn't want him wearing #9 for your team

I agree, he's the greatest 9 this game has ever seen and I've enjoyed watching him play despite playing for the Storm. The gap between him and some of the other trash hookers in the NRL is massive.

Burns

First Grade
Glad to see that there is equal attention paid to who the next Australain hooker will be.

King hit

Coach
Who is going to captain the Maroons? Inglis, Boyd, who else there putting their hands up. Not many Queenslanders putting their hands up.

aarondoyle

Juniors
Great for NSW.

I can't help but wonder if he would have made this decision if the Storm were #1.
(I realise they're fourth and that's great, just wondering).

6. Cameron Munster
7. Michael Morgan

9. Ben Hunt

14. Anthony Milford

On form, there is no way you'd be picking Morgan at halfback and moving Hunt to hooker. Morgan's form has been poor whilst Hunt has been arguably the form halfback of the NRL season to date. As such I think Hunt is all but a lock to be at halfback for Qld.

big hit!

Bench
Current NSW crop of hookers shit all over QLDs choice atm

McInnes, Cook, Api > Granville, Friend and Mccollough

So I can see the next in line coming from NSW

Let's just see how any of these merkins actually play on the rep scene. It's a different game.

One thing I've got to say, I wonder how 'Origin' this series will be, given NSW will be looking totally different, and much of the influencers on the QLD side are gone An absolute shake-up of rep football, the likes of which we have never seen.

big hit!

Bench
On form, there is no way you'd be picking Morgan at halfback and moving Hunt to hooker. Morgan's form has been poor whilst Hunt has been arguably the form halfback of the NRL season to date. As such I think Hunt is all but a lock to be at halfback for Qld.

When was the last time QLD selected a team on form? They'll go to blokes who've done the job before first, and then they'll assess after the match

SBD82

Coach
Let's just see how any of these merkins actually play on the rep scene. It's a different game.

One thing I've got to say, I wonder how 'Origin' this series will be, given NSW will be looking totally different, and much of the influencers on the QLD side are gone An absolute shake-up of rep football, the likes of which we have never seen.
Origin as a concept would benefit from NSW absolutely toweling up QLD for the next 3 years.

QLD needs to learn to hate us again.

Clifferd

Coach

Not wrong big boi