What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron McInnes

RPG437

Juniors
Souths let him go because he is just that fraction slow. I've seen some instances already where he has been that 1/2 sec off the pace. We'll see more examples in the fullness of time especially when under the pump. In all other areas he is definitely a solid first grader and an upgrade from the top knot kid.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
McInnes has been 'serviceable' in his performances so far. While he hasn't really put a foot wrong (thankfully, in part, due to referees missing a few forward passes here or there), McInnes hasn't done anything eye catching either. For this reason, I believe it is hyperbole to say he is a discernible upgrade in Rein. As some others have pointed out, McInnes hasn't made many breaks out of dummy half, and his lack of dash in this area makes Rein look like The Flash.

As for his defensive qualities, he is a workaholic, but so was Ben Ellis back in the day (for those with good memories).

My critique of McInnes does acknowledge a couple of redeeming features though. He seemingly can endure long playing minutes, and he has good vision as evidence by his crafty kick for Aitken's first try against Cronulla on the weekend.

If this were a report card, I'd be awarding a C+ with room for improvement.

Dannyboy80

Juniors
I've got a confession...
Every time the red v get a win, I go onto the dragons twitter or Facebook page a short time after the game, and watch the boys sing 'oh when the saints'. I turn the volume right up and I tell ya, it just reminds you every time that no matter how angry these guys make you, you're a dragon for life!
But also Ive noticed after a win, one of the most passionate guys in the change room is one C McInnes, and while the jury might be out on this guy as a real talent, I tell ya, he's a dragon. And I dunno, it just speaks volumes when a guy has bought in 100% to the guys around him and what they're trying to achieve. That kind of thing is infectious. I just hope he gets time to make his mark because I just have a good feeling about this guy....

Last edited:

Drakon

Juniors
I've got a confession...
Every time the red v get a win, I go onto the dragons twitter or Facebook page a short time after the game, and watch the boys sing 'oh when the saints'. I turn the volume right up and I tell ya, it just reminds you every time that no matter how angry these guys make you, you're a dragon for life!
But also Ive noticed after a win, one of the most passionate guys in the change room is one C McInnes, and while the jury might be out on this guy as a real talent, I tell ya, he's a dragon. And I dunno, it just speaks volumes when a guy has bought in 100% to the guys around him and what they're trying to achieve. That kind of thing is infectious. I just hope he gets time to make his mark because I just have a good feeling about this guy....
Love the passion the guys are showing in the team song! JDB leads it well and McInnes really gets into it each week. Tariq too.

mickeylane

Bench
McCiness will play origin in 2018!! Best hooker we have had since f**k knows when!!

Has pedigree as the 2014 Junior Kangaroos Captain, and plays 80 minutes for fun.

He would be one the quickest hooker in the NRL and will probably be the Dally M hooker of the year if our forwards keep going till the end!!

Watch this space.. The kid is a star in the making...Some of the comments on here are absolutely laughable regarding his talent ...

Be thankful u numbskulls!!

Carlton

Juniors
McCiness will play origin in 2018!! Best hooker we have had since f**k knows when!!

Has pedigree as the 2014 Junior Kangaroos Captain, and plays 80 minutes for fun.

He would be one the quickest hooker in the NRL and will probably be the Dally M hooker of the year if our forwards keep going till the end!!

Watch this space.. The kid is a star in the making...Some of the comments on here are absolutely laughable regarding his talent ...

I agree, I have been really impressed with him so far and he has something about him that reminds me a lot of Cameron Smith without the grubbiness.

SBD82

Coach
Well something has changed with the forwards. They're all digging in and having a go. Is it because McInnis is driving them?
He's definitely organising them well. They seem to love him too.

And he is giving them good ball. I'd be a lot happier if I was a prop playing with a hooker who didn't put the ball over my head or at my bootlaces. Means you can get up a head of steam.

blacksafake

First Grade

Not sure about the Dally M. Origin is a possibility as there aint much out there especially when some say Peats is next in line.However the rest i agree 100% Mickey.

possm

Coach
I'd say McInnes is doing very well and will improve each game during this season. Even though he plays 80min, I think he would do with a hooker rotation with Havili. Having Havili on the bench would also add another second row rotation.

Mary should select according to the changed circumstances each week. Sometimes we need to reduce the workload of a hooker or the forward pack as a whole.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
He's definitely organising them well. They seem to love him too.

And he is giving them good ball. I'd be a lot happier if I was a prop playing with a hooker who didn't put the ball over my head or at my bootlaces. Means you can get up a head of steam.

That's good. My second guess was McCrone was making the difference.

Drakon

Juniors
Interesting stat from the NRL website:-
McInnes has made 150 tackles with only 2 missed tackles - at this point, the second highest number of tackles made in the NRL behind Andrew McCullough with 164 and 2 and ahead of Jake Friend with 147 and 5.
He also is equal third in try assists with three. Add to that 1 try, 6 tackle breaks, 2 offloads and 0 errors.

A very handy player we have indeed!

Drakon

Juniors
Spot on now showing he can kick from dummy half.
Last week against sharks
He did 50 tackles o missed
Run for 36 meters
1 try assist
2 kicks for a gain of 6o meters.
So great game.
Now needs to do it week in week out.
I think his running will improve as well.
Great bye.
Him and Vaughan both
Agree, Vaughan has been great. Inspires the others too.
Interesting how much stats vary from site to site. The NRL has him at 58 tackles last week with one missed and one run for 4 metres.
He made 43, 49 and 58 tackles in the last 3 weeks. Impressive!

http://www.nrl.com/telstrapremiersh...bid/12/playerid/5472/seasonid/45/default.aspx

dragonssamy61

First Grade