What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Smith is the greatest rugby league player ever.

King hit

Coach
6 weeks ago Thurston was the GOAT. Now Smith is the GOAT. This time next year Kyle Lovett will be the best ever.

I remember a few years ago they flip flopped on the GOAT saying it was Slater then it was someone else. As Alwaysgreen said earlier in this thread, the GOAT is an overrated statement.

Knightmare

Coach
What it is that irks me (and so many others) about Captain Cleanskin is this...

Let's play hypothetical for a moment. Let's suppose that everything about Cameron Smith the player and the man is identical- EXCEPT that he was born, raised and played his junior RL in Lithgow instead of Logan, and is therefore a NSW player:
ViInYR1.png

^ This would be the sentiment of at least 80% of League fans, with a few who supported his NRL club
still supporting him (similar to the Roosters fans who still defend Pearce at Origin time).

But instead, this sentiment is far more common than it deserves to be:
EMFTYN4.jpg

Knightmare

Coach
In all seriousness though #keepfightingmichael

I might have a great dislike of certain sportsmen and how they approach their craft, but I wouldn't wish injury on them...

POPEYE

Coach
In all seriousness though #keepfightingmichael

I might have a great dislike of certain sportsmen and how they approach their craft, but I wouldn't wish injury on them...
It's all fun ol' mate, Pedge is only pretending to be a f**kwit . . . you just got sucked in

moffla

Bench
^ This would be the sentiment of at least 80% of League fans, with a few who supported his NRL club
still supporting him (similar to the Roosters fans who still defend Pearce at Origin time).
Dunno about that...
All those 'quotes' you have put on that first photo IS a representation of around 80%. We storm fans see pretty much the exact same thing quite often. Every social media post from news outlets with Cam Smith involved is non stop.

Personally it doesn't bother me so much, but to pretend that the majority of people like him is off the mark.

King hit

Coach
I rate Lockyer a lot but he played for the strongest club in the NRL who had won plenty of premierships before him and came into a side full of stars.
Johns and Thurston delivered maiden premierships to crazy heartlands, that level of pressure is something else entirely.

You can add Ricky Stuart, Greg Alexander, Allan Langer, James Maloney (five eighth I know but he was massive last year) and Sterlo to the list as well.