What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can RL take over from RU in NZ?

"New Zealand rugby lacks the depth for a fifth side in the competition."

It's going to get a whole lot worse for the NZRFU when NH clubs buy all the good players.

http://www.planetrugby.com/Story/0,18259,3551_3525536,00.html

Thats what happen when Otago wants to choose most if its squad from local players instead of using players from the NZRU players pools . There are more rugby players depth in NZ than you think . Imagine the players from NPC Auckland, Wellington, North Harbour, Canterbury, Taranaki, Counties, Waikato, Northland and Bay Of Plenty who couldn't sign with the Blues, Chiefs, Crusaders and Hurricanes .
In the end its the Highlanders team and they only pick Otago NPC players with only a handful of outsiders . Its the Otago Highladers region thats lacking depth not New Zealand .

screeny

Bench
No its your opinion... or are you now able to see into the future???... nothing you have stated is a fact... its supposition only....

Again your supposition it will be at Rugbys expense??? WHY???? The PI players love their Rugby... they wll be paid a lot more playing Rugby.... League is not that different that they will suddenly play it rather than Rugby... There is no doubt League can improve its pressence, but it will never have the financial clout to comptete with the IRB or European Rugby clubs.... what is the insenitive that will cause your "argument" to happen???
Of course it's my opinion - when did I state it's a fact? That's the second time you've put words into my mouth in this topic. I even use the word 'theory' in my post, that you quoted...what more can I say?!

It's my supposition that RL is a better sport to play, involving more ball carrying and tackling, facets of the sport PI excel in, and will therefore draw more interest from PI players if the structure of the sport is improved, which it will be (according to the evidence I have cited).

I've been extremely clear in stating my opinion, if you disagree with it that's fine but there's little point in simply replying every time saying 'that's your opinion' or 'it's not a fact'.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Taken from Planet union.

pollywaffle said:
Luckly for NSWRU that West Sydney didn't get a S14 spot . Penrith would be laughing at them right now . I heard alot of Pacific Island kids are playing their game in large numbers in West Sydney . The same is happening here in Queensland .

:lol: