What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can the Sydney Roosters win the Grand Final again this year?

POPEYE

Coach
The big 3 plus Chambers are reportedly out of the Storm team for Saturday night. This will help the Roosters (who will be without Cordner) to smash the Storm and move further ahead of the Sharks, who are due to be thumped by Manly this weekend.
Is this what they call getting your ears pearced

Tommy Smith

Referee
With JT out for the year that's now one less team that can win the comp.

Realistically we're down to 4 contenders - Storm, Sharks, Roosters and Broncos.

Manly are good but not quite Premiership contenders this year and the Panthers & Raiders are coming from too far back.

So in answer to the question I guess we're about a 1 in 4 shot; maybe 1 in 5 given how far ahead the Storm are.

I'll take those odds given how bad we were last season.

Ftr I think the Storm are the biggest certainties to win the comp since the 2013 Roosters.

But there are no guarantees as we know... injuries robbed the 2015 Roosters and they can rob any juggernaught team if they occur at the wrong time.

OldPanther

Coach
With JT out for the year that's now one less team that can win the comp.

Realistically we're down to 4 contenders - Storm, Sharks, Roosters and Broncos.

Manly are good but not quite Premiership contenders this year and the Panthers & Raiders are coming from too far back.

So in answer to the question I guess we're about a 1 in 4 shot; maybe 1 in 5 given how far ahead the Storm are.

I'll take those odds given how bad we were last season.

Ftr I think the Storm are the biggest certainties to win the comp since the 2013 Roosters.

But there are no guarantees as we know... injuries robbed the 2015 Roosters and they can rob any juggernaught team if they occur at the wrong time.

I think you're right though we can still make top 4 just based on the numbers.

OldPanther

Coach
Considering they beat a reserve grade team because:

1) no Smith, Slater, Cronk.

2) Storm took off their best 9.

3) Munster missed goals.

I seriously doubt they win it all.

halfbackBENHUNT

Juniors
Considering they beat a reserve grade team because:

1) no Smith, Slater, Cronk.

2) Storm took off their best 9.

3) Munster missed goals.

I seriously doubt they win it all.

Roosters had no Cordner, Taukeahio, SKD (sacked), Carter (sacked), Napa, Pearce and Ferguson backing up from a tough origin game. The Roosters also had to travel further (distance from Sydney to Adelaide is 1,408km whereas distance from Melbourne to Adelaide is 727km). I would argue that Roosters were more disadvantaged in that game and still won.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Roosters had no Cordner, Taukeahio, SKD (sacked), Carter (sacked), Napa, Pearce and Ferguson backing up from a tough origin game. The Roosters also had to travel further (distance from Sydney to Adelaide is 1,408km whereas distance from Melbourne to Adelaide is 727km). I would argue that Roosters were more disadvantaged in that game and still won.

Lol

That's some shite trolling right there.

The_Shield

Juniors
Haha good one. First of all, you can't count SKD and Carter as players they were missing. They sacked them, they don't count. Second Melbourne were missing Smith, Cronk, Slater, Chambers, Blair, McLean, Myles, Welch. Glasby backing up from origin. Croft, Smith and Hughes playing just their third game in the NRL, Scott only his 4th. Harris went off injured. Nicholls didn't finish the game. And also the roosters took this game to Adelaide so can't use that. Roosters should of won this easily

OldPanther

Coach
Adelaide is Storm country. So it was like an away game for the Roosters, who are hated in Adelaide.

That really shouldn't make a difference when you have the NSW halfback and the Storm have:

Haha good one. First of all, you can't count SKD and Carter as players they were missing. They sacked them, they don't count. Second Melbourne were missing Smith, Cronk, Slater, Chambers, Blair, McLean, Myles, Welch. Glasby backing up from origin. Croft, Smith and Hughes playing just their third game in the NRL, Scott only his 4th. Harris went off injured. Nicholls didn't finish the game. And also the roosters took this game to Adelaide so can't use that. Roosters should of won this easily

At this stage it's pretty much guaranteed.

The only other contenders are Melbourne, Cronulla and Brisbane.

Melbourne are just too old and slow to compete with Sydney.

Cronulla don't have enough talent / peptides.

Brisbane are just plain shit.

Champions this year, Teddy coming next year.

Tronald Crump

Juniors

Actually SKD not playing is an advantage for the chooks.

The big 3 plus Chambers are reportedly out of the Storm team for Saturday night. This will help the Roosters (who will be without Cordner) to smash the Storm and move further ahead of the Sharks, who are due to be thumped by Manly this weekend.

Albert "Nostradamus" Rosenfeld is right on the money once again.

Pedge1971

First Grade

Ha ha ha ha. This guy is in the wrong job. Love using 2 guys they sacked as an excuse as well. Top drawer.

Pedge1971

First Grade

Croft Smith and Scott will be poached by the roosters in 2 years. So technically Melbourne were using 3 of their players....

Latest posts