What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can the Sydney Roosters win the Grand Final again this year?

txta2

Bench
On paper, no they wont win it. There is just something about this team, there is no real x factor player. The forward pack seems to crumble up the middle if the opposition are fierce.

wibble

Bench
They have the essence of the team that went minor premiers three years in a row, but minus SBW, RTS, Maloney, that is a fair bit of class missing that they've never really replaced.

Keary though is reinvigorating their attack, and Gordon is a solid fullback, so their spine is looking better than last year. Backs are rocks and diamonds, forwards are fairly tough and good metre eaters.

Discipline still appears an issue.

I see no reason they can't win it, they can make the 8, and even the top 4 is quite possible, so from there, they can easily win (the trick is to make the GF from third place...)

Spot On

Coach
The facts are the Roosters have been gifted an easy draw this year. Even so, if they can't improve a lot from the way they are performing currently they will struggle to stay in touch with bottom half of the 8.

The signing of James Tedesco by the Sydney Roosters means that the Roosters will possess the best spine in the NRL in 2018 (James Tedesco, Luke Keary, Mitchell Pearce, Jake Friend). They are also likely to be rid of the mistake prone Shaun Kenny-Dowell and the penalty machine Aiden Guerra in 2018. Even if the Roosters don't win the 2017 Grand Final they will be near certainties to win it in 2018.

Life's Good

Coach
The signing of James Tedesco by the Sydney Roosters means that the Roosters will possess the best spine in the NRL in 2018 (James Tedesco, Luke Keary, Mitchell Pearce, Jake Friend). They are also likely to be rid of the mistake prone Shaun Kenny-Dowell and the penalty machine Aiden Guerra in 2018. Even if the Roosters don't win the 2017 Grand Final they will be near certainties to win it in 2018.
Ok then.

Sydney Roosters now sit in 3rd place, after defeating St George-Illawarra. It is now looking like a Melbourne Storm vs Sydney Roosters Grand Final.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I think we're well short of the Storm and Sharks this year. And the Cowboys too when they've got everyone on the park.

This thread would make sense in 2018 with Tedesco at fullback.

But as for 2017 I think a Prelim Final would be a great result.

Reactions: OVP

OVP

Coach
I think we're well short of the Storm and Sharks this year. And the Cowboys too when they've got everyone on the park.

This thread would make sense in 2018 with Tedesco at fullback.

But as for 2017 I think a Prelim Final would be a great result.

Agreed. Stfu Albert or I'll start calling you Plastique Bertrand.

Latest posts