What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canberra Raiders ready to pounce on rival big men as salary cap squeeze sets in

nick87

Coach
Nick, you seem to be a pretty emotional guy
:lol: What? What on earth gave you that idea?

Wasn't saying anything like" who would choose to live in Canberra" or similar. I think you will find this disgusting club has pretty much sorted themselves out, but then again not many sides want to see a powerhouse club rise from the ashesof the last admin. Anyway, I actually don't mind the Raiders, dont have much time for the pretender of a coach, but think you have a decent roster and should have a good season

I didnt even broach the topic of choosing to live in Canberra? What are you talking about? You're jumping at shadows :lol:
As for the eels sorting themselves out, sure they might be on their way now but there is a court case on going and in 12 months time they'll have likely dumped this management and installed a new team. If your club sorts it out, it sorts it out, but taking offense to having your club labelled "disgustingly managed" is a little sensitive given their track record over the last 4-5 years

But please calm down when someone makes a comment, I didn't get up your club, just passed on an observation and you basically had a hissy fit , still think it's 50/50 but you never know , money talks and if the amount suspected has been offered I can't see any other club going close as it definitely overs

:lol: You've lost your mind. I never said you got up my club! I never even had a shot at you. Sounds to me like you're the one who's got emotional about a comment. I suggested that Junior Paulo probably didnt have a great incentive to be forthright with you at the Eels fan day about his playing future and the potential to move clubs, and now you're lashing out wildly. Take a bex and a lie down, Delboy. It's been a tough morning.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
We have plenty of salary cap for next year we won't lose him

RICKY LANDS ANOTHER

Parramatta wrecking ball Junior Paulo has agreed to terms on a two-year deal with Canberra from 2017.

Paulo, who first made his NRL debut for the blue and gold under Ricky Staurt in 2013, believes he can become a State of Origin player under Stuart.

Approaching 50 NRL games, the 118 kilo prop is a huge coup for the Raiders, adding to the recent recruitment of Newcastle powerhouse Joseph Tapine.

Set to see out the season with the Eels, the 22-year-old will move to the nation?s capital next season.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...h/news-story/6195dbcad06747d661488cf5da471e49

Rhyno

First Grade
Phew I'm glad to get rid of the fat over-rated piece of sh!t he is only worth 250K max and the raiders are paying him 1.3mil for 2 years :lol: :lol:

Bazal

Post Whore
Big signing, interesting to see if he does develop. Based on what he's shown so far I can understand both why Ricky was willing to pay him as much as he reportedly has, and why Arthur wasn't.

He'll be a wrecking ball if his fitness and discipline improve, shame to lose him but you can't keep everyone and unfortunately his manager is (I believe) the same bloke who manages Will Hopoate so that whole saga was probably a bit of a bullet in our own foot in regards to Junior.

Paullyboy

Coach
I'll be called racist for this, but I'm ok with that because I know that's not really my motivations for my comment.

But I hate the idea of stacking our team with islanders we've bought from another club. When you overload with them you often see that the brand of football that the team plays changes as well. It's been proven time and time again that it isn't a successful formula.

Rhyno

First Grade
I'll be called racist for this, but I'm ok with that because I know that's not really my motivations for my comment.

But I hate the idea of stacking our team with islanders we've bought from another club. When you overload with them you often see that the brand of football that the team plays changes as well. It's been proven time and time again that it isn't a successful formula.

Agree with this

That's why Arthur has let Pauli, Paulo and a few others go

Edwahu

Bench

He will replace Lima. So no difference.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
We needed a prop. We tried to sign tamou and he was obviously not keen. I think Paulo is about the best option of guys coming off contract at the end of the year based on skill, age and potential (along with possibility to sign) would be silly for stuart to sign a lesser player because ogga booga too many islanders

Here is a list of players off contract by position. Who should we have sogned

Edit

Ok the list of off contracted players is flagged by the spam filter. Ill find another if possible
https://www.reddit.com/r/nrl/comments/42x9h0/players_off_contract_2016/

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore

Wanna know the easiest way to tell that you're wrong?

Just look down...

Agree with this

That's why Arthur has let Pauli, Paulo and a few others go

Anyway Paulo is a quality signing, huge human with a great offload and he can hit a hole, Austin will absolutely love him. Just hope that Ricky can stop him spear tackling blokes and you'll be sweet.