What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canberran Salary Cap Issues - Joey Leilua

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Dammed if we do and dammed if we dont.
If we sign him, and he has a cold year, then Millward and co get a spraying, and if we dont sign him, then its back to the "we are useless we cant sign anybody nobody wants to play for us" bla bla bla .....
Truth is, we wont even approach him. We have Lafai and Aitkins, both signed up, and we have Mann plus a few juniors that can step into the centre spot if needed.
Many will say re-signing Lafai was a bad call etc etc, but when we re-signed him he was on fire, and to be fair he played pretty good the majority of the year, he certainly had more good games then BJ did in 2017.
What we need is speedy wingers with size and speed. That should be our focus, and maybe one more hard nut forward.
The rest of the positions are well covered.

Spot on you nailed it.
We need speed on the wings.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Frank
I think he will one day be a second rower
He only young still has plenty of building up to go.
But he has some pace and can play other positions.
He not a bad centre as well.
Good kid.
Works hard.
Right now Matherson Johns looks like an outside back to me and a promising one at that. He could end up in the back row later in his career, but I have not seen much of him to form a definite opinion.

Life's Good

Coach
Mate your assessment of BJ sums entire raiders team practically for 2017...
Not sure what went on down there but a lot of players went backwards on their form of 2016
That is so true. Listening to Raiders fans it was a mix of depth, out of form halves, coaches message falling flat and the like. Does that mean BJ gets a pass?? As a comparison Nighty has played through some sh*t times recently yet he was always someone you could rely on. I can’t say the same for BJ(not saying you are or aren’t either, just my thoughts).

BennyV

Referee
Right now Matherson Johns looks like an outside back to me and a promising one at that. He could end up in the back row later in his career, but I have not seen much of him to form a definite opinion.
He'll definitely end up in the forwards sooner rather than later. His size, toughness and ability to run angles puts him in the second row, having speed to boot is a bonus.

I think the next winger off the ranks will be Garrick.