What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carbuncle implicated in Taxi rank scrap

ozbash

Referee
The Brisbane Broncos have lashed out at allegations Kangaroo fullback Karmichael Hunt was involved in late-night misbehaviour.
Broncos chief executive Bruno Cullen labelled reports on Brisbane's Channel 10 and 7 on Tuesday that Hunt was at the centre of a cab-rank assault as "disgraceful and irresponsible".
It was reported by Channel 10 a woman filed a complaint the injured Kangaroos fullback squirted water at her at Eagle St rank in Brisbane's CBD late Saturday night.
Channel 7 reported Hunt had sparked a melee which saw six people arrested early on Sunday morning after pushing a woman at the cab rank.
But the Broncos issued a statement to say they were "very reliably informed" Hunt was not a nominated suspect, nor involved in the incident.
The report came hot on the heels of allegations dumped halfback Brett Seymour headbutted a young woman on a hotel dance-floor early Monday morning.
Cullen told AAP Hunt was merely standing in the cab rank when a woman was squirted with water and, as a recognisable face, she named him as a witness in a police report to help identify the person responsible.
"These reports have the potential to damage his reputation, when he was simply a bystander," Cullen said of Hunt's implication.
"It seems like it's a feeding frenzy. They might have Brett Seymour so let's throw another one in the mix because he's been implicated in some way.
"The poor bugger has been implicated because he's been standing at a cab rank."
Police confirmed there was an alleged assault at the cab rank but would not identify people who were involved.
Channel 7 reported Hunt had left the scene via a taxi before police arrived to settle the melee and claimed the woman he pushed opted against taking police action.
Hunt, currently sidelined after undergoing ankle surgery in June, said he witnessed an incident but wasn't involved.
"I was in the vicinity of a fight but I didn't start it," he said.
"I haven't been notified of anything like that (assault) so I wouldn't know what the complaint is about.
"It is a surprise. I haven't been notified so I have got no comment on that."
Cullen also lamented Hunt's high-profile had made him an easy target for complaints.
"I believe the accusation we're talking about now is certainly one of those, it's certainly by association rather than by action," Cullen said.

Well, of course Cullen would be sticking up for the trator. He would have to buy someone else a flash set of skatey knee pads if cutie left.

No smoke without fire for me and i reckon this is going to turn into an inferno.

MKEB...

Staff member
At least it werent a Dorito...

A bottle of water, all good in fun and games untill someone loses an eye...

Jesbass

First Grade
I think you'll find that this was a non-event, and is only making the news on the back of Brett Seymour's indiscretion. Listening on Radio Sport yesterday, it was interesting to note that the police aren't interested in this, and that the woman who laid the complaint only said that Hunt was there - not that he was the one squirting the water. She apparently thought that naming Hunt could help to locate the real offender(s).

MarkW

Juniors
cruise-sprayed.jpg

ozbash

Referee
JJ said:
I though this was a Warriors forum???????????????

it is jj :roll:

i,m a warriors fan, we play the broncos (cuties team) and i hate him with the same passion i hate any traitor.

Iafeta

Referee
Surely if Seymour's allegations are proven to be true, his career will be ruled null and void by the NRL????

Or is that only for non-Australian scapegoats?

Latest posts