What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

carch, BBB, other forum axeheads

carcharias

Immortal
If I'd have known you were going to chat with Linky, Wal and Jaws i would've got you some name dropping extras
I didn't plan it
I just walked up there and there they were.
That Link fella was so bloody sincere.
He was really really happy to chat.
I think they were a bit surprised that people were wanting autographs.
I got a shirt earlier in the day and left it back where I was sitting.
So I got them to sign my coldie holder instead.

I didn't plan it
I just walked up there and there they were.
That Link fella was so bloody sincere.
He was really really happy to chat.
I think they were a bit surprised that people were wanting autographs.
I got a shirt earlier in the day and left it back where I was sitting.
So I got them to sign my coldie holder instead.
Lindsay is a good fella. He's stayed at my place a lot of times and never been a problem
Trust me if you said you knew me he would've fed you full of piss for your stay.

carcharias

Immortal
Lindsay is a good fella. He's stayed at my place a lot of times and never been a problem
Trust me if you said you knew me he would've fed you full of piss for your stay.
I don't think Wally knew much about footy
He wrote go the blues
Jaws wrote jaws on the shark and was very happy with himself.

Feej

First Grade
Hey groovers, just thought I'd give a plug to a gig I have coming up this Saturday 3rd with Alannah Russack (ex Hummingbirds) at the Golden Barley @ Enmore. Should be a great night - Just hope I can remember all the songs I've had to learn this week. :)

Alannah Gig 3rd Dec 2016.jpg

I'm used to looking at an Indian rosewood .
fretboard.
So the other one threw me a bit when I played it
But I did like the lighter colour wood.

I played an old maton that was unreal
I heard they sold and aren't as good anymore though...not sure how true that is.

What sort of amp do you use vin fizz?

Maton still go alright, I have a 12 string and it sounds amazing.

bluefox1968

Juniors
Hey, guys, my son had his acoustic guitar dropped, and the head (?) snapped off near the first fret - is that repairable? The guitar is worth about $250...

Vin Fizz

Bench
Hey, guys, my son had his acoustic guitar dropped, and the head (?) snapped off near the first fret - is that repairable? The guitar is worth about $250...
Blue if it's a clean break it will be repairable but the labour will probably cost as much as you paid for the guitar. If it's a loved instrument then most music shops will have a repair shop.

bluefox1968

Juniors
Blue if it's a clean break it will be repairable but the labour will probably cost as much as you paid for the guitar. If it's a loved instrument then most music shops will have a repair shop.

Okay, thanks, guys. I thought as much, but sometimes you need to hear someone else say it to confirm it - like "I think this shirt looks terrible, what do you think...?"

Not really a loved instrument, but less than a year old... It's just one of those things...

carcharias

Immortal
Sounds like a plan...!
I did a lot of research recently on acoustics.
The fender CD60 was actually pretty good I thought.
Easy to play , sounded good.
the CD60E is about $150 more because it has a built in fishman pickup system.
I compared them to similar guitars around that price range and I felt they were the best sounding and easiest to play.

Then I went and spent $2000 on a totally different one.
:)

bluefox68

Staff member
Good one!

I used to play a Takamine 12-string a lot - until my Dad invited a ex-con who he'd visited in jail (I kid you not!) to stay with us for a couple of weeks. On the last night, he disappeared with a fair bit of stuff, incl. the guitar!

I now have a Gibson electric acoustic, which is great for rhythm, which is all I really do anyway!

Was in a rank-average band in the '80's in Brisbane - we just played parties for about 6 months and then realised it wasn't going to be a career option! The name - 'Rythmic Shotguns' [purposely misspelt to annoy my linguist Dad) - so '80's...

Now that my 14-year-old son's playing, I'm thinking of getting a bass, and he can play the 6-string. He's already better than me, anyway!!!!

20 years ago I walked into Lombardos at Rockdale with a mate who was just buying strings. Before we went in he said to me, "whatever you do sont start picking up the guitars and playing them. If you do at least pick up the cheap ones."
I listened to him and picked up a cheap one. I then decided to try out a Takamine to see the difference.
$1600 later and its still my main player...

Vin Fizz

Bench
God advice BBB. I got told something very similar about test riding Harleys. Don't do it until you are ready to buy one. Still haven't BTW. Anyway I really liked the look of Takemine but I was turned off a wee bit because they are said to be soft wood and ding super easily. I recently bought a Gretch Bobtail resonator. Transformed my style it did. Love it. Do all my solo gigs on it now miced up with a Rhode M3 and sing through the good ole SM58.

Feej

First Grade
20 years ago I walked into Lombardos at Rockdale with a mate who was just buying strings. Before we went in he said to me, "whatever you do sont start picking up the guitars and playing them. If you do at least pick up the cheap ones."
I listened to him and picked up a cheap one. I then decided to try out a Takamine to see the difference.
$1600 later and its still my main player...
Wow! Lombardos! There's a blast from the past.

Wozza

Juniors
I did a lot of research recently on acoustics.
The fender CD60 was actually pretty good I thought.
Easy to play , sounded good.
the CD60E is about $150 more because it has a built in fishman pickup system.
I compared them to similar guitars around that price range and I felt they were the best sounding and easiest to play.

Then I went and spent $2000 on a totally different one.
:)
I don't think i have even heard a decent sound come out on an on board pickup in a acoustic, they are all crap, especially Ovation. You can't beat a good quality condenser mic

Latest posts