What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Careful what you wish for

mbk78

Juniors
So we are 1 for 1. But our next game is against the scum at their home ground. I know we've done a bit better than expected but we are coming up against the more physical sides over the next few rounds and I'm concerned we'll get well and truly shown up. So my question is: do you want to see us lose the next few games to ensure Mary gets the sack (with Doust also potentially joining him) or have you seen enough to say that we can continue to improve?

So we are 1 for 1. But our next game is against the scum at their home ground. I know we've done a bit better than expected but we are coming up against the more physical sides over the next few rounds and I'm concerned we'll get well and truly shown up. So my question is: do you want to see us lose the next few games to ensure Mary gets the sack (with Doust also potentially joining him) or have you seen enough to say that we can continue to improve?

Simple answer.

If you ever hope we lose, you can f**k off and follow another team.

mbk78

Juniors
Simple answer.

If you ever hope we lose, you can f**k off and follow another team.
Mate I've been following Saints since the late 60's. So take deep breath son...We are all a bit disappointed, no more than me. All of us were pleasantly surprised with the result last week. After all the debate throughout the off season regarding the coaching and management staff all I'm asking is what is the general consensus out there regarding THEIR FUTURE given that we were well and truly shown up tonight. I understand your disappointment but don't shoot the messenger. I've been through the worst of the bad times of the late 80's. Have you???

hewi

Bench
I think it's called a conundrum, want the team to win, want the coach to go. Can't have the two together. They were shown up badly tonight in the backs, if he goes into next weeks game with no changes then he has learnt nothing IMO.

mbk78

Juniors
I know they will lose look what the Sharks did to the Faiders and they are a good team.
My very point Coast. So how does everyone feel we will go in that game and the next few after that? And, more importantly, will Mary survive to kick on for the remainder of the year and potentially beyond that?

Ljack77777

Juniors
we dont know what happens behind the scenes it looked like the players were frustrated with the game plan ..heard a commentator say mary told them to push for the offload at halftime.. was too late by then parra had us rattled. packer had an off night but he will bounce back we cant win them all

Mate I've been following Saints since the late 60's. So take deep breath son...We are all a bit disappointed, no more than me. All of us were pleasantly surprised with the result last week. After all the debate throughout the off season regarding the coaching and management staff all I'm asking is what is the general consensus out there regarding THEIR FUTURE given that we were well and truly shown up tonight. I understand your disappointment but don't shoot the messenger. I've been through the worst of the bad times of the late 80's. Have you???

Wasn't targeted at you mate.

Just pointing out that there's a line between strategically planning for our future and out and out death riding. Anyone who is able to physically sit and watch us, in hope that we lose can f**k right off. That's not the same thing as hoping losses act as a catalyst for change.

Lol, I followed the Steelers. Don't bring up your "bad times".

mbk78

Juniors
I think it's called a conundrum, want the team to win, want the coach to go. Can't have the two together. They were shown up badly tonight in the backs, if he goes into next weeks game with no changes then he has learnt nothing IMO.
Agree Hewi. That is the conundrum. None of us want to see our beloved Dragons lose on a consistent basis but most of us agree enough is enough of the "in bred" attitude that has prevailed for much of the last 15 years (except when Bennett fell in our lap). Aitken was shown up badly in defence tonight. Why wasn't Mann brought in to replace him? That and other questions certainly begs an answer.

hazzbeen

Bench
we dont know what happens behind the scenes it looked like the players were frustrated with the game plan ..heard a commentator say mary told them to push for the offload at halftime.. was too late by then parra had us rattled. packer had an off night but he will bounce back we cant win them all
Just hope Mary doesn't knock the enthusiasm out of our new players . Last week it was the new players that lead the way ....

To be clear.

You will be cheering for Cronulla next week?

To be crystal clear, I want Dragons to lose (and by more points the better). What you can't get your pea brain around is that a series of losses is the best thing for this club.

So yes, I'll be cheering for a loss. In order for them to genuinely compete again.

Straight Shooter

To be crystal clear, I want Dragons to lose (and by more points the better). What you can't get your pea brain around is that a series of losses is the best thing for this club.

So yes, I'll be cheering for a loss. In order for them to genuinely compete again.

Straight Shooter
Lol are you that f**king deluded.

Do you think losing will make any difference if so you really need to pull your head out of your arse.

They have just made it clear Mary isn't going anywhere so if that isn't enough to suggest results me little then nothing does.

Even you who imo is such an arrogant turd could see the club has a losing mentality and imo they don't seem to be fussed by it.

mbk78

Juniors
Just to clarify. I would never cheer for any other team but my beloved Dragons BUT do you think us losing the next 4-5 games WILL demand change?

BrissyRedV

Bench
Short term pain for long term gain? I don't see Mary getting the sack as he is part of the boys club. I can't and have never wished for our team to lose, but rest assured Mary will make sure of anyway.

Straight Shooter

*sigh*

I am more than familiar with the concept of a strategic loss/tanking etc.

And to be clear, I think that Doust should've been ousted moons ago, that the McGregor appointment should never have happened and that the club should have been more active in sourcing a replacement coach. It's also true that we should've made changes while underperforming over the last 2-3 years, starting with the sacking of a coach.

I honestly don't believe that you want them to lose so they can "genuinely compete again." Too much of your identity is connected to death riding.

When we do sort our shit out, I'm sure you won't be gracing the forums with your presence. You will turn to sand and vanish like an apparition. Your memory will be forever linked to worse times.

You NEED the shit Dragons because you ARE the shit Dragons.