What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Careful what you wish for

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Mate I've been following Saints since the late 60's. So take deep breath son...We are all a bit disappointed, no more than me. All of us were pleasantly surprised with the result last week. After all the debate throughout the off season regarding the coaching and management staff all I'm asking is what is the general consensus out there regarding THEIR FUTURE given that we were well and truly shown up tonight. I understand your disappointment but don't shoot the messenger. I've been through the worst of the bad times of the late 80's. Have you???

Mbk78
I have been though it.
We havent got as bad as that yet.
But imo.
Unless we go well into september.
Mary sould be gone but more importantly doust and his cronies should be gone for running this once great club to the brink.

Reactions: Qdf
No, I'm not ok. Thanks to (in order of importance):
1. The board;
2. Doust; and
3. Mary.

I actually share this list of priorities.

So tell me how deathriding the team does anything other than allowing #1 and #2 from scapegoating #3?

If anything, sacking Mary will buy more time for Doust and the board.

We need them all gone in one fell swoop or we get a new coach and most people forget about the primary cancer.

This happens in 1 of 2 ways. Actual democratic change or change in ownership, neither of which are significantly effected by on field performance.

We may have ebbs and flows under the current management structure, but until we have a fresh perspective at the top, we will never be the long promised "Super club."

Sycophant

MilanDragon

Juniors
I actually share this list of priorities.

So tell me how deathriding the team does anything other than allowing #1 and #2 from scapegoating #3?

If anything, sacking Mary will buy more time for Doust and the board.

We need them all gone in one fell swoop or we get a new coach and most people forget about the primary cancer.

This happens in 1 of 2 ways. Actual democratic change or change in ownership, neither of which are significantly effected by on field performance.

We may have ebbs and flows under the current management structure, but until we have a fresh perspective at the top, we will never be the long promised "Super club."

Sycophant

Careful there dopey! You're talking with way too much sense!

Maxwell

Juniors
Probably the best solution is ride the year out, hope and prey for a miracle which probably won't happen. I have followed and supported the club since I was 6 years old because my brothers did, I am now 69 and still would like to see them win games. But if we hoped they lose real bad and McGregor is sacked it would most likely be the same shit happening all over, take a look and see what and whom is sitting in coaches box waiting for the fall de grace of Mary Mr. Hornby and Young , its so much a boys club Matt Head is Intrust Super cup coach , Collins 20/s coach and now Bull Bailey running water. They are like friggin Pigeons they fly away but always return home to roost, so who will Bull be coaching next couple years. Hopefully seasons end some one makes the big decision oust Doust and McWrecker for good .