What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Caretaker

TomRedVRiver

Bench
If Mary genuinely is sacked we'll have Matty Head or Hornby and Young as caretakers knowing our Board. No way will Clearly sign up just to hold the fort for a year.. he wants a full-time, multi-year gig.

Weipa Dragon

Juniors
Walters would put his hand up. He would be keen as to finally take an nrl team to add to his resume. Qld could just train themselves at origin time. "Go on johnno, just sort them out, smith you just pass it.". Done diddly do.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I think it wont be until at least round 10 and our ladder position gives us a clearer picture of where we will be come the final few rounds.
Unless a coach has already agreed to come in 2018 then there would be an opportunity for probably either Hornby or Head but more likely Hornby.
If, however, no other coach has been spoken to or even searched then I agree with Coast Dragons that he will see out 2017.

Bench
I would hope that if we were getting flogged early on Mary would voluntarily stand aside. He could say that the team needs a new direction etc etc.
That way he could save some face and walk away with some dignity as opposed to being sacked.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Knowing the way this club works, it would nor surprise me if they went with Ian Millward as a caretaker. The experience spin in both ESL & NRL would be pushed down our throats, plus they save cash using him as coach and recruitment director.
Personally, I would like to see someone like Mick Potter being approached to take over and remain on as assistant to whoever in 2018 after the broom is swept thru.

dragons girl

Juniors
I would hope that if we were getting flogged early on Mary would voluntarily stand aside. He could say that the team needs a new direction etc etc.
That way he could save some face and walk away with some dignity as opposed to being sacked.
Would be great if Mary did walk away.But when he sat down at the press conference and said it was a GOOD performance that shows us all what we have known for years.Mary is not a coach,and the board need to go.

The Doc

Juniors
It wont be an NRL standard coach.
Hasler looks like he will be here in 2018 so my guess would be either Matty Head or Young and Hornby.
It will be someone to keep the seat warm till hasler arrives.

Reactions: Qdf

possm

Coach
If Hasler is our new coach in 2018, he would want to pick his coaching staff. However, if Haler is returning to Manly, there is a possibility that an old boy or two will get a run as part of the coaching staff.

possm

Coach
Surely the decision has been made and our coach for 2018 is cast in stone ??? If not then we really are in trouble.
Yes and this is what I believed up until last week. Now reports of Hasler being offered a 4 year deal with Manly have confused the situation.

I feel certain that Cleary will be the Dogs coach for 2018, and so in saying this, there is now some uncertainty on who will coach the Dragons in 2018. I hope it's Hasler but if it's not, we need to sign up an experienced coach and make the announcement ASAP.

From that point on, I think you would find change within our Club.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Today's Lurker gossip says Hasler will probably be elsewhere in 2018. Dragons were mentioned, however nothing firm and now it appears both Manly & NSW Origin coach are also more viable options based on results this year.
Considering Hasler resides in a exclusive beachfront property at Collaroy, the trip to the Gong maybe a contributing factor, unless the fat controller (Doust) can supply him a helicopter.

Latest posts