What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Caretaker

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Mary will see the year out.

They didn't have the balls to get rid of him before why will next year be any different.

Agreed ............... I'm thinking the only reason they would get rid of McGregor is that they have someone else already lined up.

If no notable coach is available and or wants the gig and the results are worst than expected, it may force their hand to appoint from within ( Hornby, Head or alike )

It wouldn't surprise me if Hasler moves on, he may go back to Manly if Barrett fails, rather than start all over again with us.

I still think we have a half decent team, we just need a motivator.
C'om you Dragons!

mickeylane

Bench
The Hasler conundrum only gets more complicated w Manly and Fulton now getting involved.. I don't think he's heading our way.. For some reason I can't stop thinking Kevin Walters or a Jason Demetriou / Mathew Head combination as an outsider coming to the for..

You can't discount Cleary whilst he's uncontracted or even Tim Sheens coming from the clouds.. The Dragons have a history going for the older type of coach .. So maybe Sheens could get in w a MAthew Head an assistant to be groomed for a takeover after 3 years!!

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Personally I think we need a coach powerful enough to not only run the team but the CEO and Board as well....person like a Bennett or a Jack Gibson...

possm

Coach
Bennett ran the team, recruitment and had plenty of run-ins with Doust. Hasler would be the only coach coming off contract who could do what Bennett did.

denis preston

First Grade
The Hasler conundrum only gets more complicated w Manly and Fulton now getting involved.. I don't think he's heading our way.. For some reason I can't stop thinking Kevin Walters or a Jason Demetriou / Mathew Head combination as an outsider coming to the for..

You can't discount Cleary whilst he's uncontracted or even Tim Sheens coming from the clouds.. The Dragons have a history going for the older type of coach .. So maybe Sheens could get in w a MAthew Head an assistant to be groomed for a takeover after 3 years!!

Your'e kidding aren't you ? Apart from Bennett who else this century ?

Bench
If Hasler did go to Manly that would leave Barrett out of a job.
I hope his name doesn't spring up as a coach for us.

possm

Coach
If Mary is sacked, it will be Hornby and Young for the remainder of the season. With apron strings released, they will be an improvement.

Vinnie

Juniors
Jason Demetriou / Mathew Head / Ben Hornby / Dean Young all could be great coaches IN THE FUTURE !!!! But can we do again what we did Nathan Brown and or Steve Price and or even McGregor put them in before they are even close to being ready !!! Please not again !!!
Please ! the position we are in now we need an experienced coach who can restart from scratch and fix what is definitley well and truly broken. Someone who is his own person and not bow, take advice or listen to our wonderful exciting and efficient board !!!
Those who mentioned Barrett, I would love to see him here he now has experience and has learnt under some good coaches but maybe he past wont allow him to tell the board to F*#*K off and let me do my job !! If that could be achieved i would love to have him. But for now it has to be a Cleary or Hasler or someone of that level and or calibre. Someone who the board has to know that it is their way or no way if you dont like it i'll walk !!!