What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cartwright - Do the honourable thing

Whats Doing

Bench
Cartwright is delusional if he thinks the Titans are close to a win. If it wasn't for an absolute diabolic performance by the Cows with the ball in the first round, the Titans despite spending a fortune on players would be last on the table.

He continues to play clearly not up to first grade standard in Rankin and Michaels who continues to not be able to handle first grade pressure. There was a reason the Broncs got rid of Michaels which was because he couldn't defend. Nothing has changed since he has come to the Titans and now his hands are starting to get worse.

Cartwright, has spent a fortune on players and they are still a rabble they were last year when they won the spoon. Part of the problem is they are not that fit and were struggling from the 50 minute mark last night. This has also been evident in most games this year where they have been clearly outpointed in point scoring in the last 20 minutes. Their defence is diabolical because of the lack of fitness. Don't let a truly inspirational effort from Bull Bailey blind you from the bleeding obvious.

If Cartwright cannot get the team fit and have players playing a NRL standard, do the honourable thing a resign. Otherwise the spoon won't be going anywhere this year.

The Titans CEO is a knob !

Signing him for 5 years, I mean really who does that ?

The only coach that would ever deserve a contract like this is Wayne Bennet.

I hope Searle is given the flick before Cartwright, he is the reason the club is where it is.

eozsmiles

Bench
The coach is responsible at the end of the day but I'm not sure what kind of help he gets in regards to medical science and conditioning experts. If the Titans are as bad at paying bills as they say, then they probably have a no frills staff preparing them for games. And they probably cut it fine with rehab. Over the last few years both Bellyache and Hasler have credited some of their success to the fast turn around time of injured players. Costs a fortune to get a team on the park fit and strong as often as possible. It's not easy either. That's why Bennett and Hasler took their fitness staff with them when they changed clubs.

Game plans and selection are all Cartwright but he might be lumped with some substandard support staff that Searle had final say over.

kos

Juniors
I thought they looked better last night with Gordon/Mead on the wings.
Idris will displace Michaels. 6 is a work in progress. I have noticed at the Robina games that the Titans run out of puff after half time-fitness?
Thompson should be in the run on side.

Spot On

Coach
Actually you might be right. I saw Bailey chase a kick about 30 or so metres and tackle Mini??? in the in goal to force a drop out late in the game. I'm pretty sure he was the only one chasing!

bennySW

Juniors
Look at the team on paper, more internationals than any other club, the problem lays with the "old boys" (prince and co.) and Cartright continues to pick them even with poor form.

You can keep shopping for centres and wingers when the sh1t balls prince is throwing doesnt get out to them or if it does its too late (with defenders in there face) or balls near there ankles

The GC Titans players are simular in the way to the AFL Suns, there in the area for "drug money" and rugby / football comes third (behind money / lifestyle and then rugby)

Look at the likes of Bird - Prince - Lafrranchi -Champion - Irdis (just to name a few) all stars at their previous clubs, come to the Gold Coast Strip and they are just "regular players in a poor performing team".

babyg

Juniors
I think you're about the fitness thing. I bet there is very little support provided by Aearle. 20s are going shut too. They definetly need a clean out. Starting at the top.

Titanic

First Grade
Pity he can't see that Henderson is a nuffie and O'Dwyer is .... well, he's a nuffie too. Lawrence was just starting to show a bit of form.

ranga

Juniors
Cartwright is delusional if he thinks the Titans are close to a win. If it wasn't for an absolute diabolic performance by the Cows with the ball in the first round, the Titans despite spending a fortune on players would be last on the table.

He continues to play clearly not up to first grade standard in Rankin and Michaels who continues to not be able to handle first grade pressure. There was a reason the Broncs got rid of Michaels which was because he couldn't defend. Nothing has changed since he has come to the Titans and now his hands are starting to get worse.

Cartwright, has spent a fortune on players and they are still a rabble they were last year when they won the spoon. Part of the problem is they are not that fit and were struggling from the 50 minute mark last night. This has also been evident in most games this year where they have been clearly outpointed in point scoring in the last 20 minutes. Their defence is diabolical because of the lack of fitness. Don't let a truly inspirational effort from Bull Bailey blind you from the bleeding obvious.

If Cartwright cannot get the team fit and have players playing a NRL standard, do the honourable thing a resign. Otherwise the spoon won't be going anywhere this year.
Mate have you ever considered coaching ,because you have all the answers ,how about you
turn up where they train and express your opinions to the coach and the players you think are unfit , there is nothing braver than gutlees people expressing there shit onweb sites ,get to the games and support them through good and bad ,then consider your self a fan ,:lol:

Whats Doing

Bench
Mate have you ever considered coaching ,because you have all the answers ,how about you
turn up where they train and express your opinions to the coach and the players you think are unfit , there is nothing braver than gutlees people expressing there shit onweb sites ,get to the games and support them through good and bad ,then consider your self a fan ,:lol:

Mate - i am a foundation member and yes i have coached so there is a good chance I have been to more Titans games than you.. So give yourself an uppercut. I have opinions as so do you but I don't go and bag other peoples opinions.

Titanic

First Grade
And from another Titans foundation member: since when does being a fan mean blindly accepting all the crap dealt out by our haemorrhaging coaching staff and administration? Criticism is warranted when the club is in the situation we are in, no matter whether the coach is the darling of the Blue Mountains or not.

Titanic

First Grade
Oh yes it is ... we have developed an under-achieving culture and he is very much responsible for a part of that.