What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Catalan Dragons

JasonE

Bench
Is any other Australian residents not being able to view the official Catalan Dragons YouTube channel ?

Message is coming up "Not available in your country"

This is annoying because they usually play the u19 game highlights.

Burns

First Grade
I noticed that today too. Wasn't like that a few weeks ago, pretty frustrating.

Heritage XIII

Juniors
Perhaps Sky Sports cottoned onto it and made them stop because it was the only place I could see highlights of a SL game after it just finished :(

Storm13

Juniors
Yeah been happening for a couple of weeks now. Still the same even if you try and view from the Dragon's official site. Quite frustrating in this day and age to be blocked as it's the only way to view the U19's highlights.

A few days ago I called the person at Catalans responsible for this matter, Yannick Rey. He knew about the problem. It was a problem with You Tube.

It has now been fixed.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
For the first time ever, the Dragons are now on equal footing with USAP for public funding, both receiving ~500k€ a year after USAP funding was reduced following relegation to ProD2. This is quite an acheivement for rugby league in France.

langpark

First Grade
For the first time ever, the Dragons are now on equal footing with USAP for public funding, both receiving ~500k? a year after USAP funding was reduced following relegation to ProD2. This is quite an acheivement for rugby league in France.
Which govt. is that coming from? Local?

Burns

First Grade
Was another win for Catalans today anyway, 33-16 over St Helens. Got 10,789 in attendance too!

Vic Mackey

Referee
Was another win for Catalans today anyway, 33-16 over St Helens. Got 10,789 in attendance too!

Watching the game now. Gee the young French halfback Lucas Albert looks a talent, only 18 in his 3rd game. Would be great to see a NRL club grab him and bring into the NYC system. Otherwise it's hard to imagine French rugby not getting him. I think he'd make a great fullback.

JasonE

Bench
Wow what a talent and he isn't even 18 yet. He could be anything and the thing thats sets him apart from other halves at that age is he is quite solid much like Andrew Johns was.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Yah very solid, I was surprised at how young he is. Real talented guy, interesting to see how he develops

Evil Homer

Staff member
Otherwise it's hard to imagine French rugby not getting him.
Not sure why so many Aussies seem to think this is an issue, no French RL players have been poached by Union since about 2005. Since Catalans entered Super League the flow has been almost exclusively the other way.

Albert is a gun though, the big winger Fouad Yaha is another good prospect at 19.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Not sure why so many Aussies seem to think this is an issue, no French RL players have been poached by Union since about 2005. Since Catalans entered Super League the flow has been almost exclusively the other way.

Albert is a gun though, the big winger Fouad Yaha is another good prospect at 19.

Fair call, not going to pretend to know much about the French Union/league relationship. I suppose I'm just thinking logically that where could he go being a gun league player in France? Play for the French in Internationals infront of 300 people for a pie and coke after the game. Or get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to play against the English at sold out mega stadiums. Could be totally wrong, just my line of thinking.

Anyways was super impressed watching him, looks like a natural league player, was shocked when I googled him to see he was only 18. Again my ignorance might have lead me to say bring him down here, he has obviously learnt his skills over there and that's produced something pretty special.

Latest posts