What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Catalans/Warrington Barcelona 2009

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
55,926 was 70,000 during the 1992 Olympics

a261706.jpg

barcelona-olympic-stadium.half.jpg

jim_57

Staff member
I agree with spud, seems odd to play it in such a huge stadium. Mini Estadi has a 16k capacity and looks a good place to watch sport.

They're going to take games to Montpelliar aswell aren't they?

montpellier_manoir1.jpg

montpellier_manoir2.jpg

Stade Yves De Manior - 12,750

Brownie.Kougari

Juniors
Free tickets anyone?

Seriously, if they want to get RL to the masses, let them in for free in this huge stadium. Will cost them but it could be worth it long-term.

nadera78

Juniors
I was in Barcelon a few months ago and went to hve a look at the Olympic stadium while walking through Montjuic. It's a beautiful stadium. Depending on the date of the game I might make a trip over to watch it, Barca is one of my favourite places in the world.

marv

Juniors
I think that the Olympic stadium is too big, thats not to say I dont think the dragons shouldnt take games to other Catalonian territory for example the Camp d'esports is the home of Lleida's soccer club the stadium holds 15k.
There is the Mini Estadia which has been mooted on here with 15k.
There is the Nou Estadia which is the home of Gimnastic FC which has a 20k capacity.

It is easily feasable for the dragons to fill these stadiums whilst still pushing the Catalans name further around the territory.

AlbertRosenfeld

Juniors
I suspect that the fans of both teams will be sitting on the same side of the stadium --- the one with the roof. It can get pretty hot in Barcelona in the summer. Honestly, I don't know how people sat out in the sun for hours in the middle of Barcelona's Olympic summer in 1992.

But I agree with everyone that, given the likely crowd size, the choice of Olympic stadium was very foolish. If Warrington bring one thousand, and Les Catalans bring 4,000, then we will be doing well. How many residents of Spain will turn up is anyone's guess. If we get 10,000 Spanish people there then we will be doing brilliantly. But I will be stunned if that happens.

nadera78

Juniors
I'm going to that one! Did hear somethign about them hoping for a crowd of about 20,000. Catalonia v Czech Republic is the warm up game.

pilmax

Juniors
29/05/2009: Tous à Barcelone le 20 Juin

A ce jour, l’engouement grandissant des supporters pour le match de Super League entre les Dragons Catalans et les Warrington Wolves le 20 juin prochain au stade Olympique de Montjuic à Barcelone nous laisse présager un franc succès. « A ce jour, plus de 10 000 personnes sont venus retirer leur billet pour le match à Barcelone. Nous nous sommes lancé un pari très ambitieux en délocalisant une rencontre de Super League dans la capitale catalane et nous sommes très heureux de voir la mobilisation des supporters autour de ce match. Plus de 60 bus seront affrétés par le club et les amicales. Nous sommes confiants quant à la réalisation de nos objectifs, à savoir atteindre la barre des 20 000.» nous confiait Christophe Levy, manager général du club.

L’organisation de la rencontre en lever de rideau entre la sélection catalane et la République Tchèque à 16h30 devrait maintenant permettre aux Dragons Catalans d’atteindre les chiffres espérés. « Nous venons de lancer une campagne de communication en Catalogne Sud. De notre côté, nous sommes satisfaits de la mobilisation des supporters. Il faut maintenant que les Catalans du Sud ainsi que les supporters de Warrington répondent présents. » poursuivait Christophe Levy.

Vous pouvez toujours vous procurer vos places de matchs ou packs supporters à la boutique du quai Vauban à Perpignan ou lors du match du 6 Juin au stade Gilbert Brutus au stand réservé à cet effet. Pour plus de renseignements, veuillez nous contacter au 04 68 35 45 30

Enfin, pour ce match nous travaillons exceptionnellement avec la société Servicaixa pour la vente des places sur internet (www.servicaixa.com) ou par téléphone +34 93 326 89 20
http://www.catalansdragons.com

Latest posts