What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
There's a designated bay this Saturday night at Bluetongue for Bears supporters - all are encouraged to wear red and black!

Perth Red

Post Whore
good vid, I'll be sending it to the Reds. Hopefully we'll have one for next year and our big membership push. Wish we had a Leagues club!!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Has it been advertised as a chance for the people of the CC to show support for the Bears bid? I'd love to know what the CC Bears membership is in terms of where people are from. if it is 75 - 25 North Sydney - CC then that'd be a worry.

_MayMoo 2

Juniors
Has it been advertised as a chance for the people of the CC to show support for the Bears bid? I'd love to know what the CC Bears membership is in terms of where people are from. if it is 75 - 25 North Sydney - CC then that'd be a worry.

Who cares, they will all be there in Red and Black supporting the CC Bears bid. What about people who supported the Bears at North Sydney but live on the CC. What percent are they PR. ?

This has huge momentum now, and Gallop has again repeated that the Central Coast team should be connected to the Bears, bringing in that adjoining area as well.

mave

Coach
There's a designated bay this Saturday night at Bluetongue for Bears supporters - all are encouraged to wear red and black!

If the locals up here can fill this bay (or near to it) with red & black, then It will be a great thing for the NRL and the CC in general.

I personally have seen no advertising for this "Bears bay" other than a small quote at the bottom of a full one page ad in the local paper. Have Florimo and Fairliegh been sprouting on 104.5 every day?, has anyone changed the flags on the bridge opposite the stadium yet from the CC Mariners banner to the "local team,the Bears"?

I love to hate the Bears but I would rather see them playing than not, but I haven't seen this groundswell of support for them on the coast. My son plays for the Erina Eagles, I was expecting some sort of push through the junior leagues for the new Bears team,(broucheres,stickers, etc) but alas, nothing. I saw more old Bears jerseys at the Easter Show on Monday than I've ever seen cruising around Gosford/Erina.

Until the CC locals get behind NRL footy being played at Bluetounge they don't deserve a team, and obviously don't want one - probably because they already have their own to follow in Sydney.

Last edited:

cupid

Juniors
I don't think there is much development left in Sydney, the NRL would be better off investing in Perth.

_MayMoo 2

Juniors
If the locals up here can fill this bay (or near to it) with red & black, then It will be a great thing for the NRL and the CC in general.

I personally have seen no advertising for this "Bears bay" other than a small quote at the bottom of a full one page ad in the local paper. Have Florimo and Fairliegh been sprouting on 104.5 every day?, has anyone changed the flags on the bridge opposite the stadium yet from the CC Mariners banner to the "local team,the Bears"?

I love to hate the Bears but I would rather see them playing than not, but I haven't seen this groundswell of support for them on the coast. My son plays for the Erina Eagles, I was expecting some sort of push through the junior leagues for the new Bears team,(broucheres,stickers, etc) but alas, nothing. I saw more old Bears jerseys at the Easter Show on Monday than I've ever seen cruising around Gosford/Erina.

Until the CC locals get behind NRL footy being played at Bluetounge they don't deserve a team, and obviously don't want one - probably because they already have their own to follow in Sydney.

This surprises me, they have the support from most of the local teams allready, from what I know. Just not the dinosaurs at the CRL, although even they have said they will support the bears once a licence is granted.

The foundation jumper has just been released and will be on sale at Bluetounge tomorrow, so hopefully we'll see more around soon.

Timmah

Staff member

The most important thing for them to this point has been to gather the corporate support, and now that has been done and there is lots of money behind the club, they're now in the process of engaging people. They've already got more than 1,000 members since launching their membership program late last year, and they're doing a lot of viral marketing through FB and that sort of thing. I would imagine they'll be looking at working with the CCDJRL at some point but that may not be the way they're going right now, I don't have those answers.

What a complete load of f**king rubbish. 18,000 - near capacity for Bluetongue, turned up to a double header trial this year. 12,000 turned up for Manly v Newcastle two weeks ago and a predicted 14-15k will be there tomorrow night for Souths v Newcastle. Games between the Roosters/Newcastle, Sharks/Bulldogs and Manly/Tigers are all scheduled.

One thing I can guarantee is the groundswell of support for an NRL team based on the Coast (irrespective of it's the Bears, Pelicans or Local Dole Bludgers) is bigger than that for the summer code - the Mariners in the A-League.

And regardless, average RL crowds at Bluetongue outstrip those of some NRL clubs home averages - surely that's a steady enough background to prove the region wants RL?

Timmah

Staff member
I don't think there is much development left in Sydney, the NRL would be better off investing in Perth.
I'm afraid the Central Coast isn't a part of Sydney, even if you would like it to be in order to shout down the chance of the region getting a team.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I would like to see the Bears reinstated but does the CC want them or their own stand alone side with it's own colours and name?

Or more to the point are the "Bears Bay" supporters residents of the CC that are previous Norths supporters?

Timmah

Staff member
The "Bears Bay" to the best of my knowledge is for anybody who wants to see the bid successful to join in and show their support. It's not a clique for certain types of fan by any means.

cupid

Juniors
I'm afraid the Central Coast isn't a part of Sydney, even if you would like it to be in order to shout down the chance of the region getting a team.
Sorry I realise that the Central Cost is not apart of Sydney, but it is only 40 minutes away.

I think we should expand out to Perth, If channel 9 decide to broadcast the NRL live into Perth then ratings should sky rocket.

Timmah

Staff member
Should we risk Perth again so soon though? Some of the crowds the Reds had in their closing years were pitiful - an average well under 9,000 in 1996 and 1997...

Status
Not open for further replies.