What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears

johnboy

Juniors
I know we all want the byes to stop and we need a 16th team. But my info is that a team on the central coast will be the Bears because that's part of the deal singo did with the Bears. If there's an NRL team on the coast, it'll be the Bears.

The big question is: if you've got 2 big regions of NSW (Central Coast, North Shore) feeding one team funded by singo located at one of australia's best stadiums, why doesn't the NRL say "there's your licence and let's get on with it".

Singo has promised to fund the Bears for decades. the Gold Coast bid talks about a few million dollars which might keep the team going for 8 months.

Why won't the NRL give the Central Coast Bears a go when other clubs can't even get close to the salary cap?

TeamSatan

Juniors
The problem with the central coast is that the central coast leagues want to run their own show and keep the money in their own pockets.

They already have a proposed name i think its the "ripped"

The best thing would be for the bears to go there but greed seems to be a problem.

Anonymous

Juniors
johnboy said:
Singo has promised to fund the Bears for decades. the Gold Coast bid talks about a few million dollars which might keep the team going for 8 months.

Really? with respect, a Gold Coast team would last substantially longer than 8 months. How did you come to that conclusion that they only had a few million dollars to invest? And what about the ongoings? Do you really think Singo will bankroll a Central Coast team in the NRL 'for decades'? I don't think so.

The Gold Coast push has a rich city council and several large backers behind it. Last year, the Chargers loaned a 'few million' to a certain NRL club - small change for these guys.
johnboy said:
Why won't the NRL give the Central Coast Bears a go when other clubs can't even get close to the salary cap?
You've lost me there. The problem is trying to keep the NRL clubs under the salary cap.

Don't get me wrong... I'd like to see the Central Coast Bears become a reality but don't underestimate the Gold Coast - imo, the Gold Coast bid has a lot more more to offer than you give them credit for.

Knightmare

Coach
No way! Give the Central Coast a REAL team of it's own before we give the Gold Coast another chance. They had 11 years to prove themselves, and in that time their biggest claim to fame was their mascot for crying out loud! :lol:

Disco

Bench
Hulkamanic 36 said:
Boot Manly and have the Bears on the coast and one on the Gold Coast.
I spose a Cronulla fan would want the Bears back, just so there team isn't the only one with a tradition of losing :lol:

Special K

Coach
Disco said:
Hulkamanic 36 said:
I spose a Cronulla fan would want the Bears back, just so there team isn't the only one with a tradition of losing :lol:
A losing tradition? When was the last time Manly made the finals? :lol:

Go and hang out with your crowds of 7 thousand and team full of local jnrs :lol:

Faranah

Juniors
i live on the central coast and i actually would rather not have a central coast team....probably because i wuld always go for the knights so in that sense it wouldnt make a difference for me, but i would love if the NRL would utilise our stadium. It is such a great stadium and to see it not being used is quite sad, in that sense i wouldnt mind a central coast team.

Disco

Bench
Hulkamanic 36 said:
Disco said:
Hulkamanic 36 said:
A losing tradition? When was the last time Manly made the finals? :lol:

Go and hang out with your crowds of 7 thousand and team full of local jnrs :lol:
Who cares about the finals, does anyone remeber who played in the finals in whatever year, all that matters is premierships and our last one was in 96, when was your last premiership :lol:
As for the local Junior coment, are u implying we have no local juniors?? or are u saying Manly Local juniors are crap????

brook

First Grade
TeamSatan said:
The problem with the central coast is that the central coast leagues want to run their own show and keep the money in their own pockets.

The best thing would be for the bears to go there but greed seems to be a problem.

I don't think its greed at all - the central coast simply wants its OWN team, not a sydney team relocated...and despite the image they are trying desperately to change north sydney are no more a central coast side than manly were.

the central coast rip is a fine start but personally i'd like to see gosford leagues get in on the act if they're ever going to be a success...the gosford goannas sounds good to me :p

Disco

Bench
Manly juniors include

John Hoppoate
Steve Menzies
Jason King
Sam Harris
Chad Randall
Anthony Watmough
Mitch Creary
Adam Cuthbertson
Brad Dempsey
Jarrod Heaney (i think)
Shayne Dunley (i think)

Grantwhy

Juniors
Isn't it in the contract Singo has to run the stadium that any NRL team that is based there has to be called the Bears"?

If a Sydney team relocated that would mean an unpopular name change.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
TeamSatan said:

Its called the Central Coast Rip.