Central "database" for international/touring teams?

Discussion in 'International' started by kdalymc, Aug 29, 2017.

1. kdalymc

kdalymc Juniors

So I run a charity league team which plays one off games, some in nine comps and against other one offs squad. Cut a long story short we're ready to expand and offer to play touring or minor international teams. In talks right now against one inter squad- only because there core players are localish. But I'm always seeing more and more inter teams over but unsure how to keep track/get in contact. Is there anyway entral I can find a bit of a schedule or approach anyone, or is it as hard/ simple as liking their Facebook page and sending a message ?? Cheers

2. adamkungl

adamkungl Immortal

The only schedules i've ever seen are on websites like the official RLIF one, and rugby league planet. Both of these are often missing smaller RL nations' games.

I try to keep a schedule of all announced internationals in this thread but i'm not sure it would be of use to you.
    http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/2017-internationals-non-world-cup.462826/
    But it's only mens open national teams, so i've left out things like international club or military tours, age limited and womens matches.

3. kdalymc

kdalymc Juniors

Thanks man that's awesome . But yeah I think basically I'll just have to message the Facebook and see what happens from there...

4. deluded pom?

deluded pom? First Grade

Best of luck.

5. kdalymc

kdalymc Juniors

Chucked this in the other thread-
    Organsing a charity game on the Gold Coast November 4th/5th.
    We are a charity side who play 9s comps and 13 a side games against anyone we can- we raise funds for a young mate who has spent the last 5 years in a brain injury clinic, but I want to expand this to a full time charity/ work with Young Care Australia.

We originally had a fixture against Phillipines organised- big day, 3 or 4 lead up games, music, kids rides, food ect followed by jersey charity auction after the game. However their schedule has clashed so now we need someone else...