What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Centre Depth

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
good on the dragons
not only do u blokes have the two best centres in the game in Gaz and Cooper you also seem to have the most depth there in 2005.

Its hard to believe that Alby Torrens and that young dark fella brownie was talking highly of will be your reserve grade centres.

I think you blokes will be pleasently surprised by alby, while in attack hes no gaz or coop in defence he is probably one of the best centres in the comp. Alot of manly fans were flithy we couldnt keep him as he was a true club man.

Im also curious to what you blokes think in regards to Gasiner and Cooper, 12 months ago i would of said Gaz was the better player by a long way but cooper was one of the most improved players last year, i love how he always seems to break the first tackle.

Ribs

Bench
Cheers Cliffy.

I think everyone that has been following saints has known the potential of Coops for a few years now and Gasnier was always destined to be a star. Its a shame Gas didnt play after Origin because his form was the best Id seen from him.

I hope you are right about Torrens, it surprised me when we picked him up because I figured Wes was the next in line and our depth there seemed ok. I really think rep duties will hurt us next year though so 'Alby' will get his chance to impress.

Nugby

Juniors
Yeah, I hope you're right about Torrens because I too was waiting for Wes Naiqama to finally get a run. I still rate Gaz as the best (when he bothers) but rarely does he try to stick it to the lower teams (except the Tigers this year), saving for teams like the Roosters and the Broncos. Whilst I rate Cooper highly, he still needs to work on a couple of things, especially his habit of hogging the ball when a try is on. It kills me when he's tackle's short and he's got Simmonds waiting on the wing. Gaz is a bit guilty of it too, but he seems to have the power to get over the line more often.

Ribs

Bench
I think when you have Barrett/Timmins inside, you have to be reluctant to pass the ball as you only get it twice a game......

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Ribs said:
Cheers Cliffy.

I think everyone that has been following saints has known the potential of Coops for a few years now and Gasnier was always destined to be a star. Its a shame Gas didnt play after Origin because his form was the best Id seen from him.

I hope you are right about Torrens, it surprised me when we picked him up because I figured Wes was the next in line and our depth there seemed ok. I really think rep duties will hurt us next year though so 'Alby' will get his chance to impress.

Ribs,

Brownie told a mate of mine, that they needed a Experienced Centre for Backup to Gas and Coops, especially since both should be playing SOO next year, + Tests, Injuries..etc.. It was important to have a couple who can do the job, not jsut one. He was looking for Defensive players, that have some spark, and Torrens fitted that role well.

He will play FG at saints. Flegg guys have to at saints :(

Ribs

Bench
I think he will look good in the red V, but so does everyone.

Cant wait to see the new faces in the Charity Shield...... oh so far away.

Latest posts