What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Centres 2019

McLovin

Staff member
Well if Fergo still has premiership dreams, Newcastle and Parra should be well down on the list of teams to sign with if we do in fact come forward with an offer. 28 is not old by any stretch. Quality player and would suit the Flanno gameplan.

txta2

Bench
He'd be asking for way to much but good to push his value up to piss knights off. I'd rather Hayne but again they would both want overs

sandshark

Bench
You would hope that both Dugan and Fergo have grown up since their breezer days. I reckon Flanno would want him playing in the centres with Dugan if Barba returns.
I really hope he is working on keeping Katoa around, he might not be setting the world on fire yet but he is someone worth developing.

Griffoshark66

First Grade
Yes please to Fergo. Playing incredible football this year. Won't get a rep shirt again, so you get value out of him. A significant upgrade on Fast Eddie.

wibble

Bench
Well if Fergo still has premiership dreams, Newcastle and Parra should be well down on the list of teams to sign with if we do in fact come forward with an offer. 28 is not old by any stretch. Quality player and would suit the Flanno gameplan.

That might be a hard sell to Fergo.

Eels could argue they were top 4 last year and just having an off season.

Knights could argue they have the best young talent in the game, in Ponga, joined by one of the next best, in Ramien, and with a fit Pearce to guide them around could do anything.

I don't rate either roster, but he has been with the best team (on paper, or one of) for years and not won, while the "basket case" he left chasing a premiership got one in 2016.

Good coaches/recruiters could sell the premiership dream to anyone

Stake Removed

First Grade
The centre position will be effected by and if Barba comes back, the more i keep reading is that if Holmes is not fullback he wont stay after next year.

What i have noticed is Holmes is developing as a fullback faster than i thought he has a passing game now and is only 22, i remember when roosters moved Minichello from wing to fullback it took a while to work but in the end worked out great.

I think we should ensure we resign Holmes by November if it falls through attempt to get Barba, i cant see us with both.

If Xerri is the man, then go recruit Ferguson to play outside of him, that should help him develop faster, but dont be offering Fergo the world

shaggs

Coach
Was that Xerris first open age game? He looked like the biggest bloke on the field.

Hat trick wasn’t a bad first up display. I’m
Not sure if wentworthville is any good so a grain of salt is probably needed

Xerri is awesome.

So so thrilled to have young bloke like that developing. Hope we can hang on to him and see a star local in first grade

Quigs

Immortal
Shame they didn't get the fillum of that Billy Sneddon chappie in the motel.

Lousey ending though, they reckon it was a real killer

Latest posts