What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Centres: are they done?

T-Boon

Coach
Is there one good centre in the game?
They just aren't a part of the way the game is played anymore. Centres are supposed to make line breaks right? Line breaks are sort of thing of the past. Tries are mainly from wingers getting on the outside and diving around the opposition winger.
Admittedly I mainly watch Parra. Jennings, Hayne, Takarangi. I cant even tell you what these guys have done all year. Take a few hit ups. Make some tackles.

T-Boon

Coach
Who would be the highest rated centre in the game now? I cannot think of any.
Roberts? Would be even in the top 30 players in the game?
Latrell Mitchell? Top 50 even?

T-Boon

Coach
The guy at dragons with a weird name is very good

yes he would be a good edge forward, hits the illusion of a gap ok (there are no actual gaps any more), he needs to make more tackles so that he can be an EF.

Liddell

Juniors
yes he would be a good edge forward, hits the illusion of a gap ok (there are no actual gaps any more), he needs to make more tackles so that he can be an EF.

No he’s a genuine centre three-quarter and it should stay that way.

The_Shield

Juniors
Who would be the highest rated centre in the game now? I cannot think of any.
Roberts? Would be even in the top 30 players in the game?
Latrell Mitchell? Top 50 even?
Chambers is the best centre in the game. Curtis Scott will be the best very soon

SBD82

Coach
Why pick a good quality centre to play centre when you can put Jarryd Hayne there or Josh Dugan
The old "how many fullbacks can we squeeze into a backline"' trick.

Turbo to be the next in the NSW production line of fullbacks playing out of position.

T-Boon

Coach
Boyle Corner is the best three off the rucker.
I am going to call that position the 3.