What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Centres: are they done?

gUt

Coach
There's some potentially great centres who are inconsistent or out of form eg Leilua, Hurrell, Roberts, Chambers. Hiku is one who has risen this year, and obviously the Dragons pair are going well.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Croker has still been finding the tryline in what has been mostly rubbish losses so far this season

King hit

Coach
Is there one good centre in the game?
They just aren't a part of the way the game is played anymore. Centres are supposed to make line breaks right? Line breaks are sort of thing of the past. Tries are mainly from wingers getting on the outside and diving around the opposition winger.
Admittedly I mainly watch Parra. Jennings, Hayne, Takarangi. I cant even tell you what these guys have done all year. Take a few hit ups. Make some tackles.

You don’t watch Aitken, Roberts, Inglis or Croker?

Strange

RedVDragon

Juniors
Centres are very important both in attack and defence. They set the play for good finishing wingers to score and also muscle up in defence when needed.

The best centre pairing ever was Matt Cooper and Mark Gasnier.

I would say Will Chambers and Curtis Scott is also developing into a very good pairing.