What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CEO Update

In the sunday rag today it said that ex Broncos boss Shane Edwards has applied.

Also former Raiders boss Kevin Neil is weighing up his options

Peter Ropati is also said he is very interested in the job

It also said that Chris Anderson is launching his campaign to topple Kemp. He said he is ready to relocate across the Tasman and would consider coaching the Warriors. And he would look forward to hooking up with Steve Price again.

Thoughts anyone

Iafeta

Referee
Really happy if that is the case.

Shane Edwards has been my choice, he did a magnificent job up at Brisbane.

As far as head coach goes, if the review committee decides a change is needed, Anderson would be a good choice. Apart from the times at the Sharks, he has a terrific first grade/international record.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Humphrey said:
Peter Ropati WTF !!!!!

He'd know how to deal with the media and apparently he's got a very good business head on his shoulders. Plus he knows his football. I'd prefer an Edwards/Anderson ticket though.

Also if we got Anderson I wondder if he'd try and entice his mate Noddy across the ditch? As much as people love to bag Kimmorley he goes very well provided he is behind a dominant pack that is moving forward and that is one thing the Warriors have had no problems achieving this year.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
If Shane Edwards isn't our next CEO, the Firing Squad should about-face and shoot the review committee.

mahanga

Juniors
CEO coach assistant coaches captain........If this eventuates,this will be an all Aussie affair next season.

If I was Reuben,I'd bugger off and join Stacey in France.Leave Fien and Todd to fight over the vice captaincy.

Iafeta

Referee
Why mahanga?

Perhaps in 15 years when some stronger development pathways/strategic alliances are built we can live out our dream of having a 95% Kiwi feel to our side.

However, that time is certainly not now, and our club needs to be successful, whether it be due to New Zealanders, Australians, Pakistanis or Lebanese I couldn't give a rats. The fact is, if the club IS NOT successful now, it may not be around in 15 years to give the New Zealand farm dream an opportunity.

We need to dig our heads out of the sand and realise this is the Warriors, and not the Kiwis. One day perhaps, but that day certainly is not now. And I'd be certain Ruben Wiki would RATHER be at a successful club than a club dominated by Bartercard has beens, administered by the local Papatoetoe Under 6's coach who has "an eye for league" and coached by the coach of the Cobden-Runanga Coleminers.

Humphrey

Juniors
Iafeta said:
Why mahanga?

Perhaps in 15 years when some stronger development pathways/strategic alliances are built we can live out our dream of having a 95% Kiwi feel to our side.

However, that time is certainly not now, and our club needs to be successful, whether it be due to New Zealanders, Australians, Pakistanis or Lebanese I couldn't give a rats. The fact is, if the club IS NOT successful now, it may not be around in 15 years to give the New Zealand farm dream an opportunity.

We need to dig our heads out of the sand and realise this is the Warriors, and not the Kiwis. One day perhaps, but that day certainly is not now. And I'd be certain Ruben Wiki would RATHER be at a successful club than a club dominated by Bartercard has beens, administered by the local Papatoetoe Under 6's coach who has "an eye for league" and coached by the coach of the Cobden-Runanga Coleminers.

:clap: WELL said

Gurdy

Juniors
Iafeta said:
administered by the local Papatoetoe Under 6's coach who has "an eye for league" and coached by the coach of the Cobden-Runanga Coleminers.

Nice to hear League on the West Coast has not been forgotten about, although Cobden Kohinoor and Runanga have not yet combined, and the Cobden Kohinoor Under 7's had an awesome year.

AliN

Live Update Team
Interesting. Although I don't know much about this guy Edwards, those that do have big wraps on him.
Why did he leave the Broncos?

And don't worry Gurdy, a lot on the forum seem to have some sort of connection with the West Coast it seems :)

Iafeta

Referee
Gurdy said:
Nice to hear League on the West Coast has not been forgotten about, although Cobden Kohinoor and Runanga have not yet combined, and the Cobden Kohinoor Under 7's had an awesome year.

Love the Coast mate, thats where I'm from.

League on the Coast has always been strong IMO, the likes of Pongia etc got a start out of there.

Latest posts