What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ch 9 Commentary

denis preston

First Grade
Not normally a one eyed supporter watching on the TV but even a non Dragons mate watching the game on Ch 9 couldn't believe the bias shown towards Souths tonight. Gus tends to lead the charge & the commentator & Johns repeat him. Souths were "brave " and every close call was in Souths way not ours. Understand that it is commercial TV and they have to create tension & Drama but please try to be even , as it is a game. They were most disappointing that the script of a Souths victory did not eventuate but it really grated on me that perhaps our defense was "brave "and the refs forgot the ball & 10 meter rules which hinded our free flowing game.

Yes the media builds you up ...... then slags you down.

ouryears

Bench
Not normally a one eyed supporter watching on the TV but even a non Dragons mate watching the game on Ch 9 couldn't believe the bias shown towards Souths tonight. Gus tends to lead the charge & the commentator & Johns repeat him. Souths were "brave " and every close call was in Souths way not ours. Understand that it is commercial TV and they have to create tension & Drama but please try to be even , as it is a game. They were most disappointing that the script of a Souths victory did not eventuate but it really grated on me that perhaps our defense was "brave "and the refs forgot the ball & 10 meter rules which hinded our free flowing game.

Ch 9 is boring commentary, I put the radio on and tv volume off as the radio commentary is even better than Foxtel

You have fm radio and am to choose from
They make you feel you are at the game

possm

Coach
Well the Fox team was just as bad. I suppose when a team is undefeated after 5 rounds, opposition supporters are gunning for you. All non professional, just can't help but show their personal feelings.

Last edited:

Coffs dragon

Bench
The only positive having to watch & listen to the Ch9 commentary team, was no Lockyer or Lewis to inflict their biased dribble. They would have found a way to suggest GI & Gagai were the only players that could pull off a victory being Queenslanders.

Joey's man love for JDB is cringeworthy and his continual suggestion of at least 36 players that are made for Origin. Glad he's not a selector as we would have 2 & a half NSW teams.

They certainly gave the offside penalties a rest last night

The only positive having to watch & listen to the Ch9 commentary team, was no Lockyer or Lewis to inflict their biased dribble. They would have found a way to suggest GI & Gagai were the only players that could pull off a victory being Queenslanders.

Joey's man love for JDB is cringeworthy and his continual suggestion of at least 36 players that are made for Origin. Glad he's not a selector as we would have 2 & a half NSW teams.
I still don't understand how Johns is even in the commentary team.
About as articulate as my back side and history which is totally compromised and tarnished.
Where are the real commentators like Richie Benaud used to be??

FlameThrower

Bench
Ch9 are a handbrake on the game. Have provided little in innovation to the broadcast. Very average and or terrible commentary with obvious bias and conflict of interest. They don’t bother to promote the game outside of Nsw / Qld and ignore everyone else.
Gus if talking pure football is great but too often goes off on a tangent and never comes back!
Anyway I lasted into the start of round 2 then switched Fox back on...

ouryears

Bench
About as articulate as my back side and history which is totally compromised and tarnished.
I really think fm radio make it so real and exciting that putting the radio near the Tele and turning the Tele volume off has been a winner for me

Gareth67

First Grade

Dennis , I hope your not forgetting Australia's contribution to the sporting world , namely the great Union/ League player Rex Mossop ( who's commentary could be best described as somewhat ' flabbergasting ' at times ) and also the more articulate and ever smiling Ron Casey .

Both of whom were great examples of what happens when you put a microphone in the hands of someone who at times knows a bit too much on the subject at hand . Still , both great rugby league commentators and nice blokes also .