What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chairman Johnston shares his vision

Coffs dragon

Bench
That was the edited version.......the live version had a blackout halfway thru Brian's speech talking about the club being profitable. Oops......bad timing and was quite comical.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Ugh. I feel so much less confident in the direction of the club. What a waste of 6 and a half minutes. Basically said nothing during that whole period and gave no new information. Actually almost seemed to be having a dig at those who doubt the direction of the off field managment of the club. I wonder if this would have been released had the team not been in the top 4?

ALSGI

Bench
Ugh. I feel so much less confident in the direction of the club. What a waste of 6 and a half minutes. Basically said nothing during that whole period and gave no new information. Actually almost seemed to be having a dig at those who doubt the direction of the off field managment of the club. I wonder if this would have been released had the team not been in the top 4?
Agree, what a load of garbage.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Actually I picked up a few interesting 'titbits':

1. Johnston wants SGI to be less reliant on the leagues club - this is good thing.

2. he repudiates the long held fallacy run by News Limited that the Dragons are financially unsound.

3. as such, the Dragons aren't hindered by 'austerity politics' as claimed by numerous detractors.

4. Johnston's has the club's best interests at heart, and will run things autonomously sans fear or favour.

5. hopefully negotiations with WIN Corp. will run its natural course, and eventually conclude with a positive outcome for both parties.

One can't go wrong with an old Scots College boy in charge.

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
Six minutes I will never get back.
How poorly does Johnston speak? Hes sounds nervous and under-prepared. He is rushing through the speech and his delivery is shocking.
Surely someone in that role needs to be decent at public speaking?
That 6 minutes IS A MESS

hazzbeen

Bench
Brissy I dont think it would have been released if we were struggling and the same as the coaches reappointment . IMO Mary was always getting an extension , all he had to do was improve from last year and bingo .

Coffs dragon

Bench
He's managed to borrow words from the Doust vocabulary plus add references to AirBnB & Uber all in a media address to announce Mary's re-appointment. Peter Doust and Shane Warne would be proud.
Johnno will be a great Chairman, but maybe more seen and less heard.....directing the bus forward!

hazzbeen

Bench
He's managed to borrow words from the Doust vocabulary plus add references to AirBnB & Uber all in a media address to announce Mary's re-appointment. Peter Doust and Shane Warne would be proud.
Johnno will be a great Chairman, but maybe more seen and less heard.....directing the bus forward!
Coffs maybe when he is directing the bus forward , he needs to throw some under under the bus as well .....

Last edited:

Coffs dragon

Bench
Coffs maybe when he is directing the bus forward , he needs to throw some under under the bus as well .....
So true Hazz and I have no doubt he will be a great & successful Chairman. He has a big job ahead with the Mop clearing the lingering stench.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Brian is a top bloke with brains to match. When the traitors were trying to merge with the Roosters it was only Brian and Brian Smith who spoke any sense and showed any allegiance to St
George. Carr, Lockwood, Robinson and Saunders had the merger all tied up until the Save Our Saints campaign defied the odds to stop the merger. Brian Johnston and Mark Coyne are in the Robert Stone mould.

possm

Coach
Brian is a top bloke with brains to match. When the traitors were trying to merge with the Roosters it was only Brian and Brian Smith who spoke any sense and showed any allegiance to St
George. Carr, Lockwood, Robinson and Saunders had the merger all tied up until the Save Our Saints campaign defied the odds to stop the merger. Brian Johnston and Mark Coyne are in the Robert Stone mould.

A Dragon's great who is now head of the old boys club which mainly consists of Dragons greats. Not much will change and as we have all seen in recent times, jobs for the boys will continue.

Nothing will change until a new financial partner is found - maybe Win Corp. and then change is likely to be slow.

So everyone get used to this crap and make the best of it. Call out the rubbish but more importantly enjoy the football.

monsterkev

Juniors
Saints are moving in the right direction so why such negativity
At least wait until the end of season to see if we have made improvements

Latest posts