What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chambers' crusher tackle

some11

Referee
Sk5dLPT.gif

macavity

Referee
Deliberate.

Calculated.

Reasonable (and reasonably foreseeable) chance of catastrophic injury.

Should be rubbed out for at least a season.

Probably would be if he played for an un-favoured team.

David brown

Juniors
Deadset one of the worst tackles I have seen this year... Hayne is lucky asf he walked away from that... Chambers should be gone for the season, absolute dog act but you can't expect anything less from that pos merkin...

The_Shield

Juniors
Extricate your head from your anus.
Where’s the proof of his head getting bend forward then? Surely one of the thousand of cameras that cover games would show Chambers landing on Haynes head, but I for sure haven’t seen it

Travitoh

First Grade
Where’s the proof of his head getting bend forward then? Surely one of the thousand of cameras that cover games would show Chambers landing on Haynes head, but I for sure haven’t seen it

I agree, it isn't a crusher tackle by definition.
But it is dangerous contact which is what he has been charged with.
See you next year Will

Suitman

Post Whore
The role of the 2nd player in the tackle should not be dismissed.
Looking at that video, this is clearly a combined wrestling effort that could have gone horribly wrong.
It's not until the 2nd tackler lifts Haynes leg that Chambers then decides to slam down on the top half of Hayne's body, including his head.
This is a shocking, disgraceful tackle and could easily have ended in catastrophe.
It needs to be stamped out of the game. Pronto.
I will always despise Craig Bellamy for the exploitation of the rules and gutter tactics that he has introduced to RL.

McLovin

Staff member
Why am I not surprised at the massive display of cowardice shown by peaheart Hayne to lay on the ground after the tackle.