What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chambers' crusher tackle

JJ

Immortal
Disgraceful tackle - seems he did it >1 in the game - looks more like something Jake the Snake Roberts used to pull out - a variant of the DDT

Chambers is a f**king grub

Tommy Smith

Referee
3 weeks is a gift.

Should have been closer to 13.

He could easily have done serious, yet easily avoidable, damage to Hayne's neck/spine.

How is that only worth 3 weeks especially when you have priors?

We can all cop high tackles because it happens. Even spear tackles are often well intentioned tackles that go wrong.

But what Chamberpot did was malicious and intentional. If ever you were gonna throw the book at a player, this was the moment.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Imagine if the players were reversed. Dumb f**k would be calling for a life ban.

3 weeks is light for that tackle and Chambers should be happy he got away with it as well as he has
Much outrage. So few f**ks given. (Assuming he wasn't injured, not wanting to see any player injured like that)

The_Shield

Juniors
So he admitted his guilt, but you still see it that he isn't guilty.
You must've gone the same high school as my Mrs.
We all know that the judiciary is incompetent. There’s no sure things there even if you have proof that proves you innocent, which I believe there is enough in this case, the idiots on the judiciary could still just go “nope, guilty” and he’ll be gone for the rest of the year. Why risk that when you can just choose the early guilty plea and come back in the finals

AJB1102

First Grade
We all know that the judiciary is incompetent. There’s no sure things there even if you have proof that proves you innocent, which I believe there is enough in this case, the idiots on the judiciary could still just go “nope, guilty” and he’ll be gone for the rest of the year. Why risk that when you can just choose the early guilty plea and come back in the finals

Take out the bullshit technicalities around if it was a textbook "crusher" tackle or not, do you believe it was dangerous and reckless from Chambers? Or are you arguing its sweet, play on?

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
So if Latrell Mitchell did it to Cameron Smith, that'll be ok?

The_Shield

Juniors
Take out the bullshit technicalities around if it was a textbook "crusher" tackle or not, do you believe it was dangerous and reckless from Chambers? Or are you arguing its sweet, play on?
I think this tackle looked worse then it actually was. He doesn’t come down on the head, in fact he moves to make sure he doesn’t.

So if Latrell Mitchell did it to Cameron Smith, that'll be ok?
Yes. I know your not gunna believe me when I say that but who cares

AJB1102

First Grade
I think this tackle looked worse then it actually was. He doesn’t come down on the head, in fact he moves to make sure he doesn’t.

Unnecessarily dangerous though. What the f**k was the design behind the jump before dropping his weight on Hayne other than to hurt him? Just because he didn't seriously injure Hayne doesn't make it ok.

Chambers gets no credit for moving to make sure he didn't land directly on the back of the neck for 2 reasons; necks can still break being crunched from the side and because if Will doesn't jump & drop onto Jarryd there is no dangerous contact to avoid.