What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Champions!

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Well done wire.

Hull look damaged. Not sure if the challenge cup win has drained them, they have definitely went backwards since wembley.

No Sandow or Gidley tonight either so bodes well for the semi final for Wire. Would love to see them do it if not Hull, keep Wigan and saints well away from any trophies haha

photo_721042.jpg

LeedsStorm

Juniors
Two more hubcaps and they'll have a full set for Moran's car :relaxed:

Deserved LLS for Wire. First try was typical of them this year. Classy stuff

Agree Hull looked poor. Basic errors, poor kicks. Wigan with a bit of momentum. Saints will fancy it. It's wide open

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Is this for the minor premiership?

Yes.

Next week it's a straight by semi final knock-out to get into the Gf

I fancy wire v Wigan at old trafford with the wolves coming out on top. the more I think about I am sure Hull won't beat Wigan.

deluded pom?

Coach
Hull's wheels are falling off big style. To spend most of the season in the top two and then finish third is extremely disappointing. Wigan are the team in form and I can't see Hull beating them at the DW. If Hull don't win then I'd like to see Warrington lift the trophy at OT.

Warrington coach Tony Smith says it's time for a new Super League grand final winner as his club look to end a 61-year wait for success.

Only four clubs have claimed premierships in the Super League era - Wigan, Leeds, St Helens and Bradford.

Warrington have been in grand finals in recent seasons but failed to take home the trophy.

This year Hull FC broke their Wembley hoodoo and Cronulla ended its 50-year wait for a premiership. In 2014 South Sydney ended a 43-year drought for another title and last year North Queensland won their first ever NRL grand final.

"That'd be nice," Smith admitted to Love Rugby League.

"It's been a long time for our club to win a championship at this level. If it was as easy as that we'd just put our feet up now and we know that we've got it done.

"No, it is time for a new club as well. No direspect to Wigan, if they win they deserve it. They've had a number of wins over the years and good luck to them.

"But one of us other clubs have to show up and do it on the day and shake things up too.

"And really to become one of the big boys, we're regarded as one of the big boys now but we need to win the big title at some stage.

"If it's not this year, it'll be soon. We've given ourselves every chance this year."

Smith said the weight of pressure winning Warrington's first premiership since 1955 isn't impacting on his squad.

"Records, that's the old cliche isn't it, records are made to be broken. It's nice," he said.

"I was at Leeds in 2004 and it was 32 years, so it's nice to do. Hopefully it will be after 61 years for us, not 62. We're going to try.

"They're just things along the way. The importance isn't really the record, the importance is the hard work these guys have put through all year and a nice reward would be to come out on top in the big game.

"It's a much better feeling than the other one."

Warrington's last defeat came at the hands of Wigan at the Halliwell Jones Stadium.

Smith believes his side has responded in the right manner since then.

"We're in there fighting, we're going to give ourselves a good chance," he said.

"We've been pretty determined in the past few weeks. I think our last defeat was against Wigan and that game slip probably bucked us into gear in some respect.

"I just think the attitude has been really strong since then and there's a real determination but we're going to have to find some of that again because Wigan will have a say in this game in a big way at some stage.

"We'll either soak that up or crumble to it, so that's the test for us.

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_23758-smith-it-s-time-for-a-new-super-league-champion.html

skysports-rugby-league-chris-hill-warrington-wolves-matty-smith-wigan-warriors_3801236.jpg

6. Given the hostility currently faced by refugees just about everywhere, the Rugby Football League provided a nice touch before the Super League grand final. The match ball was presented to referee Robert Hicks by an Afghan refugee Said Jamal, who was walking past a ground at Dearne Valley when he saw a team training. Despite being unable to speak English, he joined the team and is now captain. "He represents the qualities rugby league prides itself on, such as inclusiveness," the 70,202 crowd was told over the PA.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...d-captain-sean-oloughlin-20161009-gry2ym.html

Latest posts