What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Championship 2017

roughyedspud

Coach
Kr will win the league at a canter

Toulouse will likely finish in the mid table no mans land

And we'll finish 9th-10th

Sorted,end the season now lol

Perth Red

Post Whore
Just watched our opening game, good first hit out. Score flattered bulls tbh. We gifted them two intercept tries. Our structure looks thousand times better than last year already, sheens has had a massive impact already if first game is anything to go by. Outstanding crowd and a good loud bulls contingent travelled over to make for a cracking atmosphere.

In post match interview sheens said we had plenty of salary cap left if the club can make the money to spend it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Main game this weekend will be the two full time squads playing each other:

Shaun Lunt insists Hull KR won't have it easy at London Broncos this weekend, despite strolling to victory in the capital in last season's Qualifiers.
The Robins humbled the Broncos 58-18 towards the end of last season but Lunt, KR's skipper, suggests the one-sided scoreline is an unfair reflection on the intensity of the match.
Aiming to build on last Sunday's Championship opening win against Bradford Bulls, Lunt is wary of a revitalised Broncos outfit in 2017 under Andrew Henderson – and is keeping a close eye on former KR team-mate Kieran Dixon, who has returned down south following his Robins release.

"There's three or four teams up there that will want the top spot, us being one of them.

"I've known Hendo for a good part of ten years now, and I learned from him when he was a hooker at Castleford and I was just learning my trade.

"He's a champion bloke and he's got together a good squad. They have strengthened well and they're going to have a better chance this year, they'll be looking at that middle 8s come the end of it."

While Lunt is looking forward to testing himself against Henderson's new-look side, he's also excited to be coming up against a former team-mate in Dixon.

"I get on really well with Kieran, he's a champion bloke. He had some great times with us and ones he'd want to forget but on his day, he's brilliant," added Lunt.

"Look at Wakefield away last year, he was dropped then came back and scored a hat-trick. That showed what a good player he can be on his day.

"He'll thrive on that 3G surface in London. He's back home with his daughter and he'll find his love again for the game. He'll kick on from there. I wish him all the best. He puts a smile on everyone's face, that's for sure."

Read more at http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/hull...0122446-detail/story.html#dAHEHUdib5iufFQL.99

adamkungl

Immortal
I expect the upstarts to put on big scores again this week.. Rochdale v Bradford and Toulouse v Sheffield

adamkungl

Immortal
I expect the upstarts to put on big scores again this week.. Rochdale v Bradford and Toulouse v Sheffield

Wrong on both counts! Rochdale won but the score suggests it was a bit of an effort. Toulouse might have learned it won't be the breeze League One was.

Batley 24-6 Halifax
Bradford 14-22 Rochdale
Dewsbury 6-8 Swinton
Featherstone
8-6 Oldham
London 22-28 Hull KR
Sheffield
32-14 Toulouse

roughyedspud

Coach
Apparently we where very unlucky to lose 8-6 against fev..we where the better team by all accounts..

And look at hairnets again...bless em

The league is looking very competitive so far

adamkungl

Immortal
One of the team's twitters was blowing up about the ref, claimed 'they'd be up by 60' if they got a decent go. Can't find it again though..

adamkungl

Immortal
Edit: Just noticed it wasnt the actual Halifax account, just a fan calling himself Halifax RLFC haha

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Are there any highlights of london v rovers available? wasn't sure how London would go against a quality side but scoreline suggests they did okay

Perth Red

Post Whore
Just finished watching London v rovers.good game, rovers looked to be running away with it but two quick scores got London right back in it and rovers had to dig deep at end to win it. London looked good and if Sammut stays fit they will be in top 3 no doubts. Shocking ground they're playing at though!

Another big test for rovers next week as we travel away to Rochdale.

adamkungl

Immortal
Haha that 'stadium'...yeah...
Tbh it's pretty on par with a fair few NSW Cup sides so fair enough, but I hope they find something better if they make the jump up.

Latest posts